XI. Sleeping has been difficult

Am I obsessed with writing this story and forgetting about all my others? Yep.
Will I continue doing so? Yep.
Hope you like the chapter!

*°*°*°*°*

*°*°*°*°*

SLEEPING HAS BEEN DIFFICULT the last few days. One week has passed since Meria's trip to Dragonstone with Daemon and they mutually avoided each other now. In order to distract and keep herself from barging into his chambers to kiss him again, Meria spent more time with Rhaenyra, like today.

They sat in the gardens, Rhaenyra was reading a book and Meria leaned against a tree and tried to sleep. The sunrays in her face might help her.

However, soon something blocked the sun and she slowly blinked. When she saw her step-father's wife standing in front of her, she wanted nothing more than to shut them again and wait until she would disappear.

"Meria."

Internally cursing the young Queen, she forced a smile upon her face.

"Your Grace. To what do I owe this honor?" Her sarcastic tone must have been caused by her time spent with Daemon. He slowly but surely rubbed off on her.

"I came to discuss the matter of your wedding gown with you." Behind Alicent, Meria saw Rhaenyra trying to contain her laugh. She didn't greet Alicent and pretended to be deeply focused on her book.

"Can't that wait? I have two moons left." Two moons in which she needed to find out how she could escape this damn engagement, or King's landing. Preferably both, to be honest.

"They might have to do some changes, we should really go through some ideas. It will be the most important day of your life." The Queen smiled and Meria thought that maybe, Alicent really tried to be nice to her and to establish some kind of friendship. Nevertheless, Meria was not interested. No anymore. There had been a time in which she had wished for another friend. The thought of Rhaenyra, Alicent and her as inseparable trio had been attractive years ago, but seemed impossible nowadays.

"Alicent, your Grace, I neither have the nerves nor the time to do that and honestly, I believe it is on me to decide which day will be the most important in my whole life."

Her friendly smile turned into a serious, almost wary, expression. "You have been pretty occupied for weeks now. Is there something we should know about, your father and I?" How dare she spoke like they were Meria's parents...

Meria huffed. "He is not my father and there is no reason for your concerns. I simply do not care about my wedding gown, so choose what you find suitable. Maybe something white, what about that?" Her tone was provocative and Alicent noticed. Gritting her teeth, she nodded and walked off, leaving Rhaenyra and Meria alone again. The latter slid further down the trunk of the tree and groaned, while her younger half-sister moved to sit right next to her.