Night has Come

"No way–how can he NOT know who the identity of this guy really is?! That makes no sense whatsoever?!" Peter exclaimed, marching back and forth just outside the ship. The rest of his friends and others present, watching him pace about erratically..

"I checked Peter–he's seen this man–and all he's done to Rocket!" Mantis confirmed firmly, dimming a bit more sadly afterwards. "I've even seen the past joy and satisfaction he received from hearing that awful man go into detail over all he had put Rocket through!" She shuddered a bit, with disgust being notable on her face. "But he doesn't know who his identity is. And from the info that we gathered from the other officers after Nebula and Drax's successful–interrogations–I found they too knew nothing of this monster! Well–besides the fact he was an important contact of Saal's. They don't have any recollection of them nor how they look! They never met him in person!"

Nebula nodded in agreement, looking both forlorn and equally disappointed. "And as we said, once we fell back into our old bad-guy persona's of "skin slicing assassin" and "bone-crunching destroyer", they all spilled whatever they knew pretty quickly. They just don't have anymore new Nova recruits with "back-bone" like they used to, do they?" She noted pityingly, while Drax also nodded with a sad head shake of disappointment before he lit up again.

"Ah! Maybe I can beat them up some more and see if that improves their memories!" Drax eagerly threatened, fists punching against the other menacingly.

"There's no use wasting time on them anyhow! If not even Mantis couldn't find anything in their measly little emotions other than their own baggage, there's no use in beating on them more or messing with them using threats." Nebula somewhat reluctantly responded. "No matter how satisfying it may be for us."

"Besides–it's getting closer to the time that we all need to split from here! Before more corrupted a-holes searching for your friend show up here!" Aleta warned them. Arms folded, the older woman looked a bit antsy herself. Along with the rest of her crew that is. "And if anyone else finds us here, I doubt your little story of us not being involved with helping you get away will hold up!"

"So what do we do now Peter?" Gamora asked, just as annoyed. Still pleased as well as the others are that they at least got some answers. Pretty much about everything else not including the identity of this–thing that has attached itself to Rocket's life. Committed to endangering Rocket welfare. And apparently, not for the same reasons the ring-leader cop inside had claimed.

It was all mostly for pleasure, which is what Don Saal truly believed motivated the other man. And yes, vengeance was still probably part of it. The fact that this individual was one of many former employees from Half-Worlds Labs Inc hinted at that. He lost his livelihood, his career, some old colleagues and his whole old life. By what some of them would describe, his looks too. How he managed to scrub away all proof of his employment records in any of the files they had is still beyond them. But this sick whole ordeal was still mostly about pleasure, disturbingly enough. So that only served to fuel their eagerness to identify and find this man once and for all. "We know he probably hasn't left the planet yet. So after running away from Nebula and Mantis, he must be hidden in some other location waiting for news from them in there." She wisely pointed out, jabbing a thumb back at their ship. "Should we wait to find him?"

"We can't wait any longer!" Aleta warned, pulling away from Stakar even as he had attempted to calm her. She moved forward directly between Peter and Gamora, looking between them with greater agitation. "If you're not planning on disposing of these officers–still a foolish decision in our opinion by the way–then we have to leave now! Before the actual law abiding Nova Corps come and we're brought into the mix! Which none of us signed up for by the way!" She pointed out, turning in time to catch her other crew mates nodding reluctantly yet still firmly in agreement. "We came to help and get paid. But we can't get involved in the legal aspect of things! Especially knowing that there are bad cops among the Nova Corps! And I'm still not convinced about Dey!"