Propulsion

"Sounds like the Badoon's clan are here." Nebula looked to Garmoa's worried face, feeling somewhat tense herself. "Do you think they know about what had been happening to Rocket all this time?"

"How do we know the Badoon were not the ones to have done all this to Rocket?!" Drax declared accusingly, approaching the exit with Groot and Nebula following. "If they did this to our friend, we should make them pay!"

"Drax, I want to find whoever did this to Rocket as much as you do, but now's not the time for battle. Also, why would they bother trying to shoot us down as retribution if they already had the person who stole from them in the first place?" Gamora questioned skeptically, scolding him slightly. "If they wanted to capture as well for some reason wouldn't it have made more sense to let us know they had him captive to get us to cooperate?'

Though her doubts also stemmed from the various clues at the location of Rocket's captivity. The underground bunker of torture looked to have been there for a while, on a Kree planet. Kree who had been at war with the Badoon in the past. It might have been why they didn't land and make an advance on her friends when they had crashed weeks ago here.

Perhaps they may be bold and desperate enough now, but she doubted they would have kept Rocket captive here. Which brought up another disturbing theory. Was it the Kree? Did she fail to kill some of the Kree that had praised and devoted themselves to continuing her fathers dark legacy? Did they manage to take Rocket hostage to inflict revenge? The thought chilled her.

"Maybe they pretended not to have him to throw us off his scent and capture us at the same time? Either way, we can find that out from them." Nebula concluded simply, turning away from her doubtful sister. "If they did have a hand in doing this then we can get at least one of them to talk and–"

"Guys hold on!" Peter called to them, drawing their attention back, though all appeared impatient. Groot seemed especially antsy for battle. "We can't just run out there without a plan. There may be a lot of them and Rocket is down right now. We can't afford to fight them off right now with him in here!"

Drax shrugged indifferently. "We can take them either way. We'll just lead them away from the ship. You three can stay here and protect Rocket."

"Besides, we don't have any other options other than to fight them. We can't just sit here and wait for them to surround us. Like you said, Rocket needs to be protected." Nebula insisted very matter of factly before picking up her gun.

Drax then looked sympathetically to Groot. "Groot, you can stay here with Rocket if you wish to." But Groot shook his head fiercely denying as such.

"I am Groot. I am Groot! I'm going out there to protect Rocket no matter what. I won't let them get inside this ship! " Angrily he charged out past Drax.

"Groot, wait! Dammit..." Gamora muttered out frustrated as her commands were ignored along with Peter's. She turned to her other friends firmly.

"Listen, watch out for him. He may not be thinking straight right now. Make sure to turn on the ship's cloaking before you're out there. Let's hope they haven't spotted the ship yet."

She reached for both Nebula and Drax's shoulders, looking stern yet caring. "Be careful. All of you. We can't have anyone else getting hurt or killed." She reminded them both, earning a faint nod from them before they left.

"If there are too many, call us and retreat! If possible somewhere away from the ship!" Peter instructed them gravely as they rushed out. As much as he hated directing them away from the ship, they couldn't take another hit right now. Looking down at Rocket–he knew he couldn't take another hit either.