Hellscape

It actually took Groot a little under half an hour to find Rocket's former hidden underground prison. He ran hot in pursuit of finding it and whoever had fallen in its trap. With the evening sun not fully set yet it still lit up his way enough to follow the projected holographic map to the hidden site. During the whole trip he couldn't even begin to describe the rage and unrest all rolling inside him.

That better be you stuck down there you twisted bastard! Once I have you, you're not getting away this time–you dirty, scheming, heartless MONSTER!

Of course, a much smaller inner voice in his head tried to reason with him. But you don't even know if this is the culprit we're looking for–don't do something you'll regret! And yet he could barely fight the anticipation of this being 'them'. Because what if it is 'them'? If it is, I can't let them get away again! I can't!

Once he arrived on sight, the thirst of resentment and vengeance had reached its peak as he marched forward, huffing in rage, fists shuddering and body as tough as hard oak, toward the noticeable open hole in the ground. The four force-field generators hidden under the tall grass were now active and encasing the opening in a blue glowing spear. Under the shield, there was noticeable erratic movements and loud clanging going on in that hole. He could hear and see it, the closer he got. It brought a sense of satisfaction knowing that if whoever was trapped was in fact the culprit they'd been waiting for, then they were probably going through what Rocket went through. Falling into a trap he couldn't get out of. Probably confused and scared. Trapped and alone. Fighting desperately to escape and be free. That's what they deserved!

The heartless fiend deserves payback for daring to hurt Rocket! Regardless of their past together on Half-World, they should have heard by now of all the good Rocket had done for the people–for the whole universe with the Guardians! They should have known–yet they just didn't care! They didn't even care about his traumatic past! But then again what else was expected from someone that was able to stomach witnessing and helping orchestrate the abuse and torture of a clueless baby animal years ago?!

Struggling to hold back his rage and not smash the four contraptions encasing the squirming monster in his prison, he instead closed his space enough to peer through the transparent blue–flaring force-field. Still his fists curled tighter and shook as he prepared to look down into the hole. Blowing out a rage filled huff, he almost growled out. "I am–Groot! Stop struggling–there's no way out!"

Rocket was probably so sure that he would be able to escape! He was always so sure of himself after having escaped from so many prisons. Up until that twisted bastard showed up! Defeated him, imprisoned him, tormented him, tortured him and nearly starved him until near death! Rocket probably didn't even stand a chance after! Why should whoever hurt him get a chance at all?!

He expected to hear a coherent voice–words either conveyed to plea, bargain and justify Groot letting him go. Begging to let him get away after what he had done to Rocket. But instead he heard what he least expected and least hoped for–an animalistic squealing growl rumbled from inside the hole. A wide-eyed look of realization suddenly appeared on Groot's face which had previously been furrowed with rage. As he peered closer, he already had a sinking feeling he knew what, not who, was down there. And it wasn't what his vengeful heart was longing for.

Just as he expected, the trapped prisoner leapt up once again, snarling defensively and slashing wildly against the flaring shield that refused to give in. But despite the dark underground around it, the flaring shield lit up the creature's face, revealing it to be a Razarwölfe. Very similar to a Slakebeast, but golden orange, smaller and thinner. And it's two large red eyes lost in the mass of its tentacle-covered snout. Immediately Groot's angry stance deflated, his features fell and a massive sighing huff of disgruntlement flooded out of him. Right after, a familiar influx of disappointment at not getting the outcome he wanted–frustration over his time being wasted and at himself for getting his hopes up–and resentment at the missing culprit who should have been in this creature's place. The most plausible outcome here seemed to be that Rocket's torturer never came back here yet. They were still free out there.