Dissociation

The first thing that made Don Saal aware of waking was both the new dimly lit room that surrounded him–familiar much to his dejection. And the familiar face that was missing. "Garth? What–where–?" Was all he managed to mumble out. Meanwhile, his mind was still registering his new surroundings yet still being bombarded by his brother's last words. His last words to him were......

"I am Groot!" The loud roar-like exclamation was followed by stomping. He looked to the right of him in time to see the giant tree stomping towards him from the open doorway. His heavy limbs shaking the floor beneath him. His bark-covered features are stormy and furrowed in furry. "I. Am. Grooooot!"

And whatever he was saying to him couldn't have been remotely nice or pleasant. But it shouldn't be a surprise when all things considered he had been here to–wait a minute–oh right–how could I forget?

He felt a bitter smile creep on his face as he shook his head at his predicament. Though once again his mind was assaulted by what he could still manage to recall his brother telling him. Or more like preaching to him. But may the Gods help him, he still couldn't find it in himself to do what his brother had preached and even scolded him into doing. So he drew his mind away from those conflicting thoughts. It was just too damn easy to sink back into the vengeful thoughts that had plagued him for so long. I'm sorry dear brother.

What you've been telling me before is easier said than done. He then turned to his much bigger opponent, still refusing to show the fear he knew he should have felt. Probably did feel but was still too hot headed and downright annoyed to let it get to him. Annoyed at being tied up, now that he realized. At being trapped–at being caught–and apparently having his whole vendetta mission being discredited by his all too forgiving brother. Besides–I doubt 'repenting' or 'begging' for forgiveness is going to save me now. Much less not faulting that reckless rodent for his role on your death. You ask too much of me–and too much of all of them–and look where it got you, dear brother?

A pang of guilt suddenly hit him over that callous and needlessly cruel thought. Nonetheless he decided then to stop daydreaming and address his currently growling captor as he should be addressed. "Sorry, I don't speak tree." He carelessly commented with a shrug before deciding to coolly suggest. "Since you have me captive, why don't you bring in your little woodland friend to translate for you? Or is he too brain-managed to do that?"

In hindsight he should have expected the ridiculously overprotective tree to attack him then. Then again, he hadn't expected to hear his brother speaking inside his head again after he had recently returned from unconsciousness.

Oh Don–still so stubborn as you are lost.

Oh do shut up Garth! The comeback was expressed coherently inside of his own mind. As his vocal cords were currently being squished by an angry alien tree so all he could manage was a garbled indecipherable slurring. Despite his current predicament brought on by his own big mouth, he couldn't help but worry about his state of mind. He had been unconscious before–right?! That couldn't have really been Garthan–this can't be him now either! It just couldn't!

Groot had acted before even thinking about it. He simply heard yet another thing he didn't like. Being reminded of his friend's mental handicap. Much less coming from this man of all people. And right after he had targeted and tried to steal his friend from him. Hell no–he has no right to open his mouth and say THAT! Much less ANYTHING at all! "I. AM. GROOOOOT! YOU. WON'T. HAVE. HIM. EVEEEEEER! I am Groot! And never call him that!" He sounded and was behaving just like a monster. Wild, unhinged and furious as ever.

"Erk–kuh–Do–Shu–up–ghu!" The man in his tightening grip strained their throat to speak. And Groot could have sworn they had just addressed someone else other than him. Other than the Flora Colossus strangling him. Yet he was far too angry to care at the moment. All he could think of right now was......Kill, Kill, KILL–wait a minute–what am I doing?! I have to stop–STOP!