Culminating Cataclysm

Two Weeks Later.....

Not too long ago, they'd successfully stopped a Skrull bioweapons attack set to take place on Xandar in civilian territory. Kraglin in the meantime was called away by one of Yondu's old ravager buddies. They were willing to sell them some old machine guns for a good deal because of his and Kraglin's previous connections to Yondu. Now that they'd finished, they were heading to meet him and remaining old ravagers to confirm a deal.

For the past second week all their missions have been a success. Peter even started to acknowledge missions were going smoother than usual without Rocket around. He claimed he had only been kidding when Groot clearly took offense to it–and Gamora disapproved.

"Hey–I'm just saying we've been finishing these missions without any hindrance. No one is coming after us for something Rocket stole or said." Peter ultimately admitted with a shrug. "I mean–sure it would be nice to have his help again but at least we proved we can handle things without him." As if we needed saving from that stubborn jerk anyways....Sure he saved them twice–and maybe a couple of more times after but big deal!

"Well you're right–there's that. Plus we don't have to put up with his slander and temper at his insecurities of being a fox." Nebula reminded them. As if we all didn't have enough personal baggage already to put up with...Unless he couldn't put up with it and...No. He wouldn't resort to that...Not again.

"He's not a fox–" Gamora began to correct automatically.

"I am Groot! He's a Raboon! "

"It's pronounced Raccoon Groot–never tell him that though..." Peter corrects the indignant Groot.

"Whatever. Not like there's much of a difference–either way he's a cybernetically enhanced animal." Nebula drawled out dryly. "Don't know why he's so sensitive about what he is all the time." Gamora raised an eyebrow in question at her.

"Didnt you break the arms of the barkeep after threatening to tear them off on Sakaar just cause he came onto you?" Gamora reminded chasticing

"Really?" Drax curiously asked after a pause, frowning in doubt since he wasn't even present for what had started that fight. Mantis scandalously jabbed him in the ribs as Nebula narrowed her eyes in his direction.

"Oh uh–I mean of course, who wouldn't?" he smartly corrected even as she turned away from him feigning indifference

"I don't see why he deserved that. He kept giving you free drinks. He seemed so nice!" Mantis insisted, trying to deconstruct her rash actions. Nebula shot an annoyed look her way.

"Let's just say he didn't have a way with words–also he stank. His drinks were for lightweights anyways." Nebula bluntly stated unimpressed.

Peter nodded sheepishly in shame remembering what started that. "In hindsight opening your pick up line with "Hey my bald metal-head beauty' really isn't the smartest move to make on a former assassin....nor was any of that unsavory stuff he said. But hey at least The Nova Core covered their medical bill. Rocket probably would have shot up the place just for being called a rodent. Doubt they would have covered the costs of damage to the place. They didn't cover the last palace he trashed over a temper tantrum."

"Ah yes–that would have been even more entertaining!" Drax humored proudly at the mental image of an angry offended Rocket leaving destruction at his wake again.

Peter rolled his eyes as he sarcastically lamented. 'Oh yeah, I'm sure that would have been great to see."

"Though, Nebula's breaking the barkeep's arms was just as enjoyable." Drax proudly assured .