Firewalking

Presently on Knowhere.....

Don finished looking under and above corners, in hiding places that the rodent could easily hide in. The rest of his men were taking care of scanning over the other rooms. He is well aware that after the many days that passed, if the rodent ever came back to Knowhere, they wouldn't be hiding in the most obvious of places. But what he could try to find are clues and signs in case he may have ever been back here to begin with. Using his own bounty-scanner to scan for any new DNA that may have been left behind most recently.

He noticed the rodent artifacts, souvenirs and inventions collected and displayed in various tables and shelves around his room were moved somewhere else. Well–at least whatever may have been left intact from the Nova Corps' last visit. Though knowing how very–uncareful he was last time, he could understand why they may have wanted to move everything to keep them safe.

A week ago on Knowhere.....

Don carelessly allowed an old proton generator to drop. Had it been powered up, this would have been a careless move. (Good think it's not then–hehe.) He watched it shatter with satisfaction–along with every other tech piece now in shatters on the ground. The other men searching with him weren't any more careful either. Allowing various utensils to fall as they turned over tables, dwarves and furniture. Of course, it wasn't just about taking advantage to cause destruction of the rodents' small home as payback. Really it wasn't!

What had been most important on top of finding any proof the rat was here, was finding two artifacts the former Half-World biologist had ordered him to find. He already found those two artifacts–they were hidden in his evidence bag. Now all he had to do was sneak them out of here, and send them to–!

"Awe Don–will you take it easy?!" Exclaimed an unhappy Dey as he moved into the room. He pointed at various Corpsmen and the destruction they left behind at their feet. "Denarians, I know you're supposed to be searching but for God's sake watch it so that you don't smash anything! We're here to find a fugitive, not create unnecessary destruction! Remember that!" All the other officers muttered out hurried apologies and resumed their search more carefully. Dey then refocused his disapprovingly narrowing gaze back on Don. "Do you mind if I talk to you for a moment–Denarian?" They still sounded displeased.

Don resisted the urge to roll his eyes as Rhomann Dey took him to the side. "Don–we were never instructed to come cause damage or anything alright?!"

Don looked at him sharply, feigning cluelessness as to what he did wrong. "Well sorry, but my priority was looking for the fugitive 89P13! He needs to be brought to justice! I'm not exactly prioritizing keeping his things undamaged!"

Rhomann Dey of course does not look impressed with Don's confidence border lining on smug indifference to the mess he made. "We're here to find Rocket!" He exclaimed, and Don couldn't help but narrow his eyes slightly on Dey's emphasis on the name 'Rocket' as if correcting him. "And you and I know well enough that he's not going to be hiding in any of these gadgets alright?! You're supposed to scan everything in the room for his DNA that–"

"News flash! The whole room is filled with his DNA! He lived here, remember?!" Don exclaimed back just as annoyed and impatient. He pulled out a baggy filled with thick, thin and frayed hairs. Some clustered together to form a disgusting looking hariball that had Don wrinkling his nose in disgust. "Wasn't that rat gone for weeks on end? Don't the Guardians ever clean?! Ugh!" He complained with tremendous distaste for what he was holding.

Dey screwed his eyes, analyzing the hairs. "They look like they might be old."

"How could you even tell?" Don questioned with a raised bewildered eyebrow. "Sure the Guardians claimed he departed their little group about four weeks ago, but who's to say they weren't lying to cover his tracks? Remember, all his enemies and old acquaintances now have a bone to pick with the rat for wronging them somehow! They may have been hiding him until we put that big bounty on him!" He insistently declared. "They may all be on the run now!"