Safe Sounds

"I am Groot? Do you think everything is okay back there? "

Groot finally asked while he stood up, taking the opportunity now that they finished replacing the damaged wires in the exposed opening of the ship. Before they moved onto replacing the inner plating's, his mind wandered over what could be going on with them in the bathroom for the past hour.

And about 15 minutes earlier, Mantis was called in by Peter. Who for the most part didn't look panicked nor tense. He appeared calm and in somewhat good spirits. He even reassured Groot there was nothing to worry about.

Rockets doing fine Groot. Really he is. I just need Mantis for a moment.

"Well if it wasn't, I'm sure they would have been honest with us and said something." Nebula insisted, applying a firm open palm to his chest while Drax cleared some of the rewiring tools off the floor behind her. "They're just bathing him, remember? They're probably almost done anyways."

Groot nodded forcefully though he lacked the same confidence, with worry still nagging at him. Though he did appreciate Nebula going out of her way–maybe out of her comfort zone–to reassure him. "I am Groot.... Maybe you're right.... " His troubled expression regarded her seriously then. "I am Groot? But why did they need Mantis all of the sudden? "

If they needed their empathic friend, then it must have had something to do with Rocket's emotional stability getting in the way of their mission to bathe him. Or he was that traumatized over the water, that he was panicking badly.

She sighed, looking at him bluntly yet remorsefully all the same. "Remember–we agreed to use Mantis only to avoid getting him too traumatized and stressed. They're probably finishing up–and well–" She uncomfortably looked down before finding some courage to turn back to him. "–maybe they left the most difficult and sensitive part to bathe for last."

Her remorse and discomfort was evident, which had him remembering Rocket's traumatic reaction to having his intimate area touched. Of course they would need to bathe that area one way or the other. So of course they would need Mantis again to make him unaware that they were doing that.

Drax, having finished organizing things, approached behind Nebula. "Whatever it is, I am sure Mantis can assist. With her help Rocket will be well." He leaned his had on Nebula's back, who tensed though did not not shrug him off, partly taking solace from his touch. Though her arms crossed, raising an eyebrow at the man, before looking back at Groot with a firm nod.

"Right. So–whatever was ailing him is most likely dealt with by now." She reasoned with a shrug, though still seeing the worry in Groots intense gaze, she let out a relenting sigh. "Of course, if you want me to check on them I'll–"

"That won't be necessary Nebula–but thanks for the offer anyways."

Drax and Nebula raised their heads urgently looking behind Groot in the direction of the familiar voice. Groot in turn spun around to the sight of Gamora in the doorway. She was leaning to the side, hands folded in front of her. Seeing she appeared pleasantly calm, a small yet somewhat sad smile gracing the corners of her mouth, they approached her curiously.

"Oh–Gamora–glad you're here." Nebula stated in relief at the sight of her.

"Ah–hello Gamora, Stealthy as ever!" Drax snickered a bit before nervously inquiring what they were all wondering about. "Are you all done with Rocket?"

"I am Groot?! And is he okay?! " Groot exclaimed with great worried urgency.

The former deadliest woman regarded them with a solemn smile and remarkably endearing yet slightly sad eyes. "Yes we're done. And you'll all be happy to know that he is in fact alright." Her smile grew more affectionately as she observed him. "He really is okay now Groot. We made sure to wash him thoroughly. We're bringing him back to bed right now. Peter's tucking him in."