Dead Weight

"That's right–writhe little rat–it's about time someone put you in your place."

Groot was already seeing red before he even heard the female voice unmistakably mocking his friend. Who not long ago had cried out in fear. Groot all but managed to charge forward, knocking away another opponent approaching him, impaling him with his spiky massive arms in the process.

No one is gonna get in my way this time!

By the time he managed to stomp over the bodies that had accumulated around him, heading steadily with purpose down the hallway, he immediately noticed the small crowd of bounty hunters all gathered in front of the med-bay doorway. Their own mocking unmistakable laughter is clear as day.

"Yeah, yeah–cry all you want. You'll get no mercy from any of us."

No mercy–no mercy?! I'll show them you mercy–I'll show them all!

In a few quick heavy strides he was behind them. But by the time they took notice of the loud stomps and his large shadow hanging over them, they couldn't turn around fast enough to evade his stabbing limbs piercing through their flesh. Nor could they evade his massive fists crashing down on their bodies, crushing their bones and bodies to the ground below them.

He made sure not to puncture holes on the ship's ground nor ceiling. In his rage, he almost grew big enough to cave through the ceiling before. But he managed to hold his size back. They already had about days worth of damages to possibly fix. What with the ramp–the view pane glass–possibly their ships power generators or power cells just judging by the total blackout they were in. They probably couldn't afford more damages–literally.

With the dead bounty hunters out of the way, the open doorway displayed the disturbing sight of Rocket's tiny unprotected form hung high for all to see. He was an absolute mess. Without his bandages around his torso, the many healing scars on his heaving chest and belly were visible. Oh Rocket.....

And the cruel women's long fingers decorated with long sharp nails dug into Rocket's scruffy neck and still very raw wounded back. It looked painful. And it was bleeding–so it must have hurt .....Oh Rocket.....what did they do to you?

His loud panicked breathing was hoarse and hitched with sobs. The wetness of tears and the pink raw hue to his eyes was evident. Besides his hyperventilating and weeping, his body was also wracked with violent shakes. There was so much raw fear in his poor little face. So much raw pain, confusion and despair as he seemed to make his body as small as possible.

Their terror filled eyes flickered between the source of his turmoil and Groot. And not at all relieved to see him either, if he could even recognize him. Though just by how terrified he was looking at Groot, it didn't seem like he did.

The rage just about all consumed him even further, rushing through his sapped filled roots. Almost overpowering all common sense to the point his already massive body thickened with more bark and his spiky branches grew even sharper. Growling faintly, Groot stomped forward much closer......

"DON'T even THINK about it TREE!" The perpetrator jabbed the knife deeper into Rocket's fur covered flesh, sliding the weapon up until it jabbed below the raccoon's trembling chin. The faint red cut it left below Rocket's neck left Groot seething even more. "One more step and I'll SLICE his THROAT open!"

The snarling woman managed to have composed themselves surprisingly fast considering they just witnessed members of their crew be smashed to death. And they appeared ruthless and uncaring as the raccoon winced and cringed at the pain of the cut made on his flesh. Rocket's eyes were wider and more fear filled than before. Groot wanted nothing more than to immediately storm forward and snatch Rocket from her grasp. But the blood the sharp blade had drawn out from Rocket's bare flesh sent his own sap running cold with fear.