Renegade

"I am Groot—I am Groot. He wanted some time alone—he's really upset. " Groot watched as Peter nodded, expression mostly unreadable even as he frowned in thought.

"Okay I get that. But he better not mope for long. We can't stay in one spot for long now. We know where Gamora probably is and the Kree could probably be here any minute." Peter sternly insisted typing not to sound cold—just emphasize the urgency.

Though he hated how it came out partly sounding like he was still holding resentment at him—he did but still..... It was frustrating enough feeling bad for him now—especially after the satisfaction of letting out all that baggage. For him to storm out without them having any resolution.....

Groots expression dimmed considerably—making him guilty again. "I am Groot. He's upset about what you said. " Groot admitted, causing Peter's confidence to waver slightly out of guilt–though it was pushed aside.

"Look—I get that the things I said were hard to hear—but I just—it really bothers me how easily he moved on from us. Redecorating the ship, reorganizing everything, including my DVD, CD and cassette collection! " He exclaimed exasperatedly to which Groot looked on bemused.

Even Mantis raised an eyebrow in confusion—Drax mirroring her expression with a shrug looking her way. Peter huffed in frustration when it was clear his friends weren't seeing the reason for his outrage yet. "He takes over the ship—my stereo—my scarf! Which he never even gave back by the way!" He exclaimed, sounding more annoyed as he went on.

Groot solemnly inquired. 'I am Groot? Did you even ask for it back? "

Peter remained quiet for a moment before reluctantly admitting. "No but—he didn't even offer it back! He could have—"

"I thought Thor was the captain previously during our absence." Drax suggested even as Peter shook his head insistently. "No—he even said it was Rocket. He—"

Drax nodded thinking he fully understood. "Ah yes I remember now—Thor became captain after we came back—"

"No you're wrong again—I was captain when we came back. Thor was an assistant if anything—a lackey. But anyway at least Thor was better at working with me instead of against my every word. Rocket took every waking moment to go against everything I have to say or plan—"

Groot interjected Peter's rant again. "I am Groot—I am Groot, I am Groot. He just wanted to suggest a different plan and idea—he never meant to undermine you. He just wanted to help. " Groot insisted.

"Yeah, well talking over me as if I'm not even there is not helpful! I don't buy it—he just wants to be in charge of everything!" Peter insisted even as Groot shook his head sadly.

"I am Groot—I am Groot. If that were true—he wouldn't have fought so hard for five years just to get you—to get all of us back. He wanted us all back because we're his family ."

Peter nodded himself sighing heavily "Well as much as I appreciate that—why is it that he suddenly makes everything so difficult the moment we get back? Where did the amount of respect and praise for us Thor claims he would show when talking to people about us go? You'd think losing us would give him a little more perspective to change a little—"

Mantis spoke up sounding hopeful and chipper as ever. "Oh but he has—before he never used to worry that much over us. And now he does—he often feels more cautious, more aware of our safety during fights. He also feels more appreciation. He even lets me touch him—just a light pet here and there. But he never used to before." She beamed proudly.

"And he is more involved in our affairs now—and chooses to stick close to our behinds during all perilous missions." Drax countered proudly even as Peter corrected him.