Chapter 131

Fortunately, Andrea regained his balance before he hit the floor and shattered his bones. He was an experienced assassin. However, his entire body ached, and he could taste blood in the back of his throat. Moreover, it seemed that the electric magic had alerted the enemy's intrusion into the mansion.

"Who goes there!"

Well-trained knights from the Archduke's household rushed out. The robes enchanted with concealment magic now appeared as ordinary fabric.

Andrea didn't think it would be easy to escape. Given the uncertain situation of whether Del was inside the mansion or not, it might be better to fight the knights and extract information.

Andrea threw off his robe and stood up. Pulling out several hidden daggers from his clothes, he threw them towards the knights, causing three of them to collapse.

"Intruder is armed!"

One knight's loud voice initiated others to draw their swords simultaneously. Roughly 17 people in total. Andrea took out another knife hidden in his clothes.

After about an hour, Hunter received a response that neither the Duke nor Del had come to the Duke's castle from the north. Realistically, to hide Del from the eyes of the Crown Prince, a very solid and sturdy fortress was needed. The Duke wouldn't trust some remote inn or an unknown village. So, he probably chose the place where his power could be best demonstrated.

His own castle or mansion. His territory was the optimal location.

"Soldiers, they must still be here. Guard the place. We're going to the Duke's mansion together."

"Your Highness, the dawn is breaking soon. Don't you know there's a council meeting this morning attended by His Majesty the Emperor?"

Hunter slammed his fist on the armrest of the sofa. The aide spoke to him as if to calm him down.

"The guild leader went to the Duke's mansion, so he'll soon come to rescue the Crown Princess. Send all the soldiers there. If you present the document containing the Crown Prince's orders, there should be no problem passing through the Duke's knights."

The aide added urgently,

"Even though Your Highness's success is flourishing, His Majesty the Emperor is dissatisfied. As soon as he catches a tail he can pin on you, he will immediately give power to the Second Prince.

"Do you understand?..." The aide's sniffling voice continued.

He was right. Aside from the shift in his power, due to Del. Breaking prior agreements with the Emperor would have consequences even for Del. Hunter clenched the armrest of the sofa. The sound of creaking wood echoed. He spoke slowly as if spitting out the words.

"I will write the orders. Send the soldiers first."

"Yes, Your Highness."

"As soon as the meeting is over, we will head to the Duke's mansion."

"Yes, I won't object to that."

Despite everything, he felt relieved that the Duke and Del had not gone to the north. Moreover, even if the Duke committed the audacious act of entering the royal palace and kidnapping Del, he wouldn't harm Del. Del was Hunter's guest and the prospective future Crown Princess. That's what he wanted to believe.

***

Andrea adjusted his grip on the knife. It was even more challenging and difficult because he couldn't kill the Archduke's knights but he had to stop at the level of stunning. Still, there are two left now.