Chapter 46

After Andrea's questioning, I chose to shamelessly push forward. I spoke with an innocent look as if I knew nothing, but my eyes hinted at a bit of malice in them.

"Sir, do you know me?"

"It's not like that" he replied.

Andrea placed his hand on his chest and bowed slightly.

"Would anyone in the Melian Empire not know Sir Del Narcissus?"

"But everyone in the empire knows me only as the character in rumors. I am different from the real me."

So, even if you insist that I've changed, it only amounts to judging people based on mere rumors. Andrea smiled as if finding it amusing.

"Maybe so."

Of course, he used guild members to observe every move of Del Narcissus, even knowing his specific daily life. Perhaps he knew more about 'Del Narcissus' than I did.

But even so, That does not mean in front of this assassin, I can say "I am the soul that has taken possession of the body of the man you secretly love. If I reach 100 favorability in platonic love without any sexual relationship with one of the male candidates, I'll leave. Isn't it impossible to say "Please cooperate?"

"I have been rude. Please forgive me," he apologized smoothly. I deliberately remained silent, turning my head away.

"Well, since I've been rude, may I ask one more question?"

He smiled like a captivating devil.

"How is Max doing?"

I stared at Andrea without responding. How would I know who Max is? Is he someone important to Del Narcissus? No, perhaps it's just a dog's name. Or it could be a name that popped out of the fog. Mentioning unfamiliar information and pretending to know it, is a classic trap to see if the other person was lying.

I stood up, pushing the chair back with annoyance. My ankle ached, but the desire to get out of here was stronger.

"I can't stand it anymore. I'll wait for my companions outside. I don't want to talk with the knight anymore."

With that, I sarcastically added.

"No, are you really a knight?"

Andrea's eyebrows twitched at my words.

Damn...

I shot him a poisonous gaze, limping as I moved away. I felt Andrea approaching from behind, but I deliberately ignored it and grabbed the doorknob. However, he was a bit faster. His hand overlapped mine.

I didn't care and turned the doorknob with force. The door opened, and the chilly atmosphere of the forest surrounded Andrea and me. Andrea still places his hand on top of mine.

"Your hand feels like freshly baked bread. Warm and soft."

He whispered playfully into my ear. I looked straight at him, tilting one corner of my mouth, trying to appear as much like 'Del Narcissus' as possible.

"Don't play around with nonsense."

At my words, Andrea chuckled and let go of my hand. Although the posture of raising both hands in a surrendering manner still seemed playful, his eyes carefully observed me, as if peering into the depths of my soul.

Out of fear, I stepped outside the cabin. Sitting on the stairs a bit away from the cabin, on the polished steps, and sat down on my butt.

Andrea was standing inside the cabin with the door open, watching me as if observing prey, his eyes penetrating as if seeing through a person's innermost thoughts.