CHAPTER EIGHTY TWO

"I don't trust you." Kojirou glowered at Akemi.

"You're going to have to anyway, who else will counsel Juri, if not me?" Akemi said, lighting up her pipe.

Kojirou hated how right she was, Juri wouldn't want to openly talk to a complete stranger if he were to hire one.

Besides, Akemi was the person she talked to when the kidnapping happened before, it'd be no surprise that Juri would feel more comfortable talking to her this time around as well.

He clicked his tongue as he folded his arms in his yukata, looking out the window with an air of distrust around him.

"You will have to trust my words." She said, leaning her elbows against her desk as she stared at him.

"You think I can do that after finding out that you have some connection to those Bears and you put my daughter in danger? You still want me to trust you?" He gritted out.

"You have to Kojirou. If you want Juri to be healthy again and if you want this battle between this clan and the Bears to end. You will listen to me." She said, her tone stern and unwavering.

He stared at her, his sharp eyes boring into her own and he did not look away as he studied her.

"You, you've been doing things behind the scenes...for the last couple of years. Haven't you?" He asked.

"That shouldn't matter to you-"

"Well it does, because I don't know what else you could've done to endanger this entire clan."

"I've done enough but sticking your nose in my business is going to continue to make this spiral out of my control. So that is why I'm telling you that, if you truly value this family. You will listen to me." She said leaning her face against her palm.

He clenched his jaw as he focused his eyes towards the window. He couldn't understand anything behind those eyes of hers, and it annoyed him dearly.

"Answer one of my questions then and I won't ask what you're doing anymore."

"No-"

"You will. If you don't then I will continue to pry and be the cause of your death." He said.

"I dont care, I'm not answering your question."

"You have to. You need me don't you? I know how you are, and you will use anybody as a pawn for your own dirty work, you're going to do the same to me. So if you want my cooperation then answer me one thing." He said.

She stayed quite for a moment, a look of irritation crossing over her face.

"Fine. Make it quick." She mumbled out, looking at her nails.

"Is what you're doing, for the sake of this family. Or for yourself?" He asked.

She stared at him as she scoffed out.

"You do realise that you wasted a precious chance-"

"This family, or yourself?" He asked again.

She rolled her eyes at him.

"For myself." She answered leaning back in her seat, twirling her pipe around.

Kojirou didn't say anything, letting out a hum at her response. Her brows scrunched in confusion at his relaxed attitude.

"When will we be able to see Juri?"

"Soon. By the way, there are stray pure hybrids hanging around, located near the base Juri was kept, in Rochester."