CHAPTER EIGHTY ONE

"5 broken ribs, a badly sprained ankle, a deep diagonal cut from her collar bone down her chest and towards her stomach and another one going down her back. A whip-like wound diagonal on her back as well, signs of an unknown and possibly deadly poison has been found in her thigh."

"She is suffering from sepsis and the lack of proper nutritions, she has been injected with what is supposed to be anaesthesia but it seems to be hand made so that will effect her health, along with her other wounds."

"Bruises along her neck and her wrist, the poison will be looked into and we will report if we find anything."

The brunette doctor looked up from her clipboard, pushing her thin rimmed, clear glasses up as she stared with sharp calculating eyes.

Hilda Müller, a doctor from Germany, wearing a professional black suit, brown hair tied back in a low bun and holding reports in her hand.

She was sat in front of Kojirou, Tobi, Jire and Akemi. Filling them in on Juri's current position.

It took everything in Jire to not burst out into tears, just hearing the condition that Juri was in made her want to cry.

"How long would her recovery be?" Tobi asked, his face leaned against the palm of his hand.

"Three months at most. Her wounds are too severe and her organs are too fragile at the moment to fight back the poison and the other substances injected in her, mostly sepsis. It might be more than three, depending on how her health progresses from now on."

"Would that be all, boss?" Hilda asked looking over at Kojirou who hadn't said a word throughout the briefing.

"Yes, your work is appreciated." He nodded.

"Alright then, my division has already begun the surgery. I'll be taking my leave." She said, lowering her head slightly in respect.

As she passed Jire, she gave her a quick hug in reassurance.

"Thank you, Hilda." She said, her eyes brimming with tears.

"Don't worry about it." She said with a small smile as she was then led out of the room.

Tobi let out a tired sigh, swinging his gun back and forth, fidgeting mindlessly with the many parts of the weapon.

"What did you do?"

Him along with Jire looked up in confusion at Kojirou who had veins protruding from his muscular arm that was left free from his kimono sleeve.

"Whatever do you mean?" Akemi replied simply, fanning herself lightly.

"How did you know Juri was going to be there? Why were you in Gotham in the first place? What have you been up to for the last five weeks?" He asked, his hand clenched tightly around the armrest of the seat, the wood cracking under his iron grip.

Pressure built up in the room as he flared with animosity towards Akemi, he was suspicious of her.

Jire looked worriedly from Kojirou to Akemi. She wouldn't deny the fact that she was also suspicious of Akemi ever since she came back.

"How did I know? I just did. Why was I in Gotham? I just was. What have I been up to? None of your business-"

"Don't bullshit me!" He said, raising his voice rather intimidatingly as he threw a dagger with much force towards her face.

She caught it between her fingers and flung it away from her, it clattered against the ground as she stared at Kojirou.

A bored look taking over her face.