CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT

"Are you going to that party happening tonight?" Dick asked.

Juri glanced at him from her food and shrugged.

"Are you going?" She asked back, stirring her noodles with chopsticks.

"Yeah."

He was only going because around the area the party was being held, suspicious activity was noticed there.

It wasn't anything too dangerous, just a few drug dealers going about.

He wouldn't be all that active in the party, slipping away when the time was right and slipping back.

"You should go, you know? Loosen up a bit."

"I don't drink."

"No, not like that. Just, dancing and having fun, stuff like that." He said letting out a laugh.

"I had fun in the last party."

"No you didn't."

"Only for the first hour, then I saw Liam and it went to shit- Ooh..." She said as she looked away, stuffing her mouth with noodles.

She wasn't meant to tell him that, he didn't need to know.

Dick's brows furrowed the tiniest bit at this sudden piece of information.

"Did he do something to you-?"

"No." She answered with a blank face.

He stared at her.

She stared back.

She shifted slightly in the seat, swallowing while she felt a little bit nervous.

"...He, did." She admitted quietly.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"I, well I feel the need to want to, but I don't want to." She said twirling with her fingers.

"Do you not tru-"

"I do trust you! Really, I do. I'm just not all that used to being so open about things to people." She explained as she avoided his eyes.

"So, you want to talk about it?"

"Uh, I guess." She shrugged.

"Then why not start with opening up to me about it. I'll listen." He reassured.

Her mind was continuously telling her to not say anything, her heart though, was drawn towards him.

"You always listen to everybody else, always helping and stuff. Why not let me help you." He shrugged.

She thought for a moment.

"You sure? I don't want to, suddenly dump it on you." She asked.

He was caught off guard by the question.

She couldn't quite place it, she wasn't a trauma ridden child that was never able to open up, neither was she abused.

She just never wanted too talk, she found it strange too talk about her problems to others.

She never wanted to concern others about how she was feeling. She never found a need to tell anyone.

Sure, she feels relieved after, but what next?

"Of course you can! Anytime you want to talk about anything, you can always come to me. Even if it's the smallest things, you can talk to me. I'll be there, I promise."

Her eyes widened in shock.

"Promise? That's, a bit over the edge-"

He took her hands into her own.