CHAPTER SEVENTY SIX

"I, think it will be better if we stopped seeing each other." The words stung like multiple bees embedding into his skin.

It burned the tip of his tongue, such words he would never want to say, had to be said for her safety.

Juri stared at him with a raised brow, her hand on her hip as she looked him up and down.

She snorted and let out a chuckle.

"The fuck are you talking about?" She questioned.

She looked at him and saw he had a solemn look, he was upset about the matter as well.

She blinked multiple times, her brows creasing in confusion.

"Are you playin' with me?" She asked.

He didn't answer, merely looking away. He couldn't bring himself to look at her.

"Dick, what's wrong? You can't be saying shit like that, it's not funny." She said, gently moving his face to look at her.

He didn't speak, he couldn't speak.

"You're joking, right?"

He shook his head.

"You're, being for real?" She said slowly, removing her hand from his face. The excitement that she had was gradually leaving her.

"Yeah..."

She stared at his face, trying to find a lie, something to show that what he said isn't true.

"Wait- What? Somethings definantly wrong, you can tell me." She said, holding his hands.

His fingers moved on instinct and he moved them over her knuckles gently.

"There's nothing wrong." He said, taking his hand away.

He needed to get this done quickly, he knew he wouldn't be able to hold on any longer.

"We just, shouldn't see each other anymore." He said.

"What, why?" She asked.

She didn't know how she was to tackle this situation and the sudden request to not be with each other anymore.

He didn't answer, slipping his hands away from her own, turning his back to her.

He glanced around, he could feel that they were being watched, he caught sight glimpse of red and his heart dropped in realisation.

They really were going to kill Juri if he didn't do as told.

"You- you can't do that, you can't just- Dick, can you talk to me please, why are you being like this?" She asked. she was trying her hardest to control her emotions.

She thought she would snap at him, curse him out and get angry, but this is something she has never been through.

She felt sad.

She's been expecting him for the last week, wanting him to be with her.

And the time he finally comes, he wants to break up.

"You won't understand." He said, his tone becoming distant.

Her mouth was ajar, she could hear he didn't want to speak to her anymore. She didn't like that tone, that tone that was pushing her away.

She didn't like that.

Her eyes squinted, trying her best to contain the rush of sadness going over her.

"What do you mean? I- you can't just tell me you don't want to see me anymore, without a reason." She said in disbelief.

She moved herself to now be standing in front of him.