The Krill Sister's Guardian (A Lucent Eyes One-shot)

This is a One-Shot spin off of Lucent Eyes!

A/N: Hey there readers! So this isn’t chapter 26 but I will be working on that whenever I can. So what is this? Well it's a one-shot on the 1st idea I mentioned about in the Prologue, and this will be mostly sticking to that idea. If you don’t know what I'm referring to, then just reading this will pretty much explain what it is. So with that, I hope you guys enjoy it!

Also just wanted to quickly say that this is not canon to the future Lucent Eyes IV book. It's a spin-off not a spoiler of the future. Also! Hus’Ak will just be using the normal Strand Hunter super. I want to say his own version of Strand for Lucent Eyes IV afterall.
______________________________________

A/N: Honestly, feel free to skip this part. This is literally explaining what happened before Hus’Ak and Hex find themselves on Fundament.

The Last City, the only hub of civilization that Humanity could thrive and survive in the aftermath of the collapse of the Golden Age. Though there had been many close calls that would have wiped the human species out, they were able to prevent them from occurring thanks to the gift that the Traveler left for them, in the form of the Ghosts and its Guardians.

And in recent times, the Last City and its people, now including the Eliksni under House Light as well as members of Caital’s Ascendency, had found itself under threat again. But this was not like any threat of the past, rather in the form of the Shadow Legion that had come to usher in the 2nd Collapse under the leadership of the Witness.

For the people, they were unaware of what was truly happening in the Sol System. Unaware of the true extent between the Traveler and the Witness, and the efforts the Vanguard and its allies were putting in to ensure the prevention of the Final Shape. But what was happening currently in the night sky only strengthened the confusion the average Human, Eliksni, and Cabal stationed in the Last City, had.

There was a sense of awe and fascination with what Humanity was seeing in space. High above the atmosphere, a visible Traveler would suddenly glow brighter as if a barrier was released from it. Then, the people watched as a thin, luminescent outline of a triangle materialized in front of the Traveler. The citizens of the Last City squinted and shielded their eyes from the brilliance that spilled forth from this strange geometrical shape. The outline seemingly pulsated with an otherworldly energy.

Suddenly a beam of purple light appeared out of nowhere in the night sky and struck the center of the Traveler. Almost immediately the curiosity turned to horror. Was the Traveler attacked by the Darkness? Is the end of Humanity was finally coming?!?

The populace fears and questions would be unanswered as even the Vanguard was silent on what was truly happening. From the perspective of the HELM, Commander Zavala, Ikora Rey, Mara Sov, and the Exo Stranger watched as the Witness made contact with the Traveler and carved the mysterious outline of the triangle.

From the ship, it looked as if the very essence of the Traveler was being siphoned. The atmosphere within the HELM grew tense as the Vanguard commanders exchanged increasingly worrying glances. But even the Vanguard would be unaware of the unexpected consequences of failing to prevent the Witness from connecting to the Veil back on Neomuna…

-----

But on the edge of the Solar System and on the outskirts of Neptune’s Orbit. The Hive Guardian and his ghost were quickly flying out into space with the clear intentions of quickly returning back to the HELM.

“Hus’Ak, something’s wrong. The Witness is doing something to the Traveler!” Hex cried out next to Hus’Ak who quickly activated the NLS or Near-Light-Speed drive in the Vanguard Ship he was given to in order to get to the newly discovered secret city of Neomuna.