Chapter 1 "Reborn"

Chapter 1 “Reborn”

They all died the same way…at the hands of the infamous Guardians who wielded the light of the paracausal entity known as the Traveler. The power of the Light sent shivers down most of the Hive, the fact that the Guardians were immortal was heretical to the Sword Logic. Sword Logic was the driving force behind the Hive’s lifestyle, for over billions of years even predating the existence of Earth, the Hive had existed exterminating any life in the universe for their Worm Gods. The more they kill, the more they become powerful. But recently there has been a shift in power within the Hive. Savathûn’s Lucent Brood now wielded the light in the form of their very own Guardians. This is the story of one Hive Guardian now thrown into the paracausal chaos of the universe.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Savathûn’s Throne World | Sepulcher ]

The Ghosts, machines of light created by the ‘death’ of the Traveler who saved Humanity from the Collapse hundreds of years ago can now be seen in the bone colored chitin chamber belonging to the Hive. Currently, there are ten inside the room surrounded by the dead bodies of Hive warriors, the remains of Acolytes, Knights, and Wizards littered the moist stone floor. Their shell-like armor scattered into pieces with many piles forming as a result. The ghosts were the shape of a gray sphere containing a blue eye with eight white tetrahedron around the sphere, four tetrahedron facing forward while the rest faced backwards. 

When the Traveler sacrificed itself, the ghost were born to find their guardian to fight against the forces of the Darkness. Many found their ones instantly while others found theirs hundreds of years later, but these Ghosts never did. They searched throughout the remains of Old Earth but they never found their Guardian. Some did went insane or depressed and gave up, returning to the last bastion of Humanity, the Last City. The Book of Sorrows explained the rise of the Hive and how they clawed their way out of their planet. Many of these ghosts sympathized with the Hive for unknown reasons.

These ghosts would eventually be found by Savathûn who convinced them to follow her and join the Hive who were clearly superior if given the Light. And so thousands of willing or unwilling ghosts traveled into her throne world and scattered to find their new guardians, and they did. These ghosts mentioned early were inside a chamber known as the Sepulcher. Some of these ghosts were peer pressured from a Hive Ghost known as Immaru but the rest were fanatics. Once inside, they flew around the bodies and quickly their shell expanded revealing the sphere that was the ghosts true shape. They closed and their guardians raised their bodies from the remains of Hive warriors.

Nameless never had a guardian so when she found the opportunity to get her one within the Hive, she accepted immediately. She saw the rest of her siblings find their guardians and she was excited. Finally! I’ll have my very own Guardian! It's been too long…I've been so lonely. She felt a pull…a sort of tingling feeling within her shell, a beacon of light was emitting from the body of a Hive Acolyte…It was bright and warm to her as she approached the remains. If she was a human, she would be smiling at insane levels, of course though, she was a ghost, now this Acolytes ghost. Her shell was vastly different compared to those of the Last City. Thanks to Hive magic the ghost no longer have its smooth textured shell but rather boney points emerged that twisted around the sphere of her body, it was very reminiscent of the Hive and their armor. Her shell expanded as far as they could, the power of the light began to sweep into the body of the Acolyte and with it. It came to life finally alive again after many…many years.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I like to imagine the trailer of Witch Queen where it showed the resurrected Hive Guardians bodies rebuilding itself thanks to the light, that was freaking cool to see.

Its body began to rebuild its lost body mass, blue light grew in all directions to form the commonly seen chitin armor. A multitude of green waves emitted from the three eyes the acolyte had. A white net looking cape emerged and rested upon the bald head of the now resurrected Lucent Guardian, Its jaw sharped to a straight triangle shape as its shoulders contained rows of knife like objects as a sort of aesthetic. A gray cloth formed at the bottom half of the Hive Guardian torso which fell down to its knees.

Its legs had a black shell which surrounded its thighs and shins, adorning them were tiny spikes which perhaps they could use against an enemy if it called for that. In the guardian’s hand appeared to be a weapon. Much like the guardian appearance, it too was boney. It was some sort of crossbow but it would have a chance to show its power eventually.

All three eyes slowly opened, the light was blinding but it soon adjusted to the darkness. The guardian slowly raised its left arm looking at the armor on its arm. It moved his hand to his right hand looking at the crossbow, the Guardian dropped it and stared at his body in confusion before hearing a giddy and excited voice.

“YES! YES! My guardian is here!” the small boney creature flew in circles before its green eye emitting the same green tendrils that the Hive guardian's face had looked at the startled guardian. It made a fake cough before announcing itself “Ahem, You might be wondering what this is all about but do not worry for I will explain in time! I don’t have a name but I am a ghost, your ghost exactly and you my friend are a guardian!” For some odd reason, a tinge of hatred at the mere mention of guardian formed within the guardian. The guardian tilted its head as the ghost continued to say “Well..” the ghost stayed silent before talking again “I'm not exactly sure what you Hive would call your light bearers but I'm still gonna call you a Guardian.”

It flew around the guardian inspecting its frame “I'm gonna call you Hus’Ak, yeah Im such a great name creator.” the ghost made a non-existent smirk before looking at the Hive crossbow. “You're likely gonna want to bring that with you, apparently the Hive Network told us the Scorn are attacking! Let's go!” The ghost flew into Hus’Ak before guiding him out of his former tomb