Chapter 9 "Encounter"

[Savathûn’s Throne World | Temple of Oryx]

Hus’Ak ran out of the temple to be greeted with the sight of an ongoing battle. Hive Acolytes picked shots off charging Scorn. The Orges sent by the Hive laid lifeless on the ground, Scorn Ravagers jumped over them to attack Hive Knights.

“Where is Uul’Nath?” Hex said out loud as she transmitted herself out of Hus’Ak. The Lightblade watched the ongoing battle, also attempting to find the Hive Guardian.

“Over there…” Alak-Hul pointed towards the glowing Guardian fighting off hordes of Scorn Ravagers. 

Uul’Nath used his Light to create Hive Sentinel Shields. Both shields shimmered with Void, with ease, Uul’Nath threw both shields at the charging Scorn Ravagers. They instantly disintegrated. With a roar, the Hive Guardian ran towards his enemy. Behind him were Hive Knights and Thralls, shields clashed and swords were swung. 

Blue mist continued to form as more Scorn poured out into the battlefield. Hus’Ak jumped off of Alak-Hul’s hand and onto a descending slope. Hus’Ak slide as he began searching the battlefield for any remains he could loot.

Hex assisted with him, in only a few seconds Hex was able to locate a weapon. 

“Head right Hus’Ak! There should be a rifle on that dead Acolyte's body.” He was informed as Hus’Ak dodged a blast towards the head. Hus’Ak looked left to see Scorn Raiders at the cliff firing into the Hive forces. 

The Hive Guardian slid towards the dead body and rolled into cover as he acquired the rifle. Said Hive rifle was Biomechanical in nature. The weapon looked organic instead of being made with machinery, Hus’Ak hid behind a giant rock. Peeking his head out, Hus’Ak was shot in the face, instantly killing him. 

Hex revived him, “Know where they’re at?” 

Hus’Ak nodded. Uul’Nath and his forces were still fighting the main Scorn attack, Alak-Hul still hadn’t entered the battle yet. 

“Alak-Hul! We found the snipers location, can you throw Hus’Ak towards them?” Hus’Ak looked bewildered at what Hex said. Hus’Ak looked back at the amount of times he was thrown off, thrown forward, and thrown. It was way too many times…

Looking back towards the entrance of the temple, Hus’Ak could see the nodding head of Alak-Hul. The towering figure stared at Hus’Ak before jumping towards his position. 

*THUD*

With a thud, Alak-Hul stood before Hus’Ak. Alak-Hul used his pauldron to block the shots coming from the Scorn Raiders. Crouching down, the Lightblade would grab the Hive Guardian and stand. Hus’Ak began to feel crushed by the overwhelming strength of Alak-Hul.

“Idiot, you’re squeezing the Hive Guardian way too much. You’re essentially throwing a dead body…” Sorden said in comms. Alak-Hul scratched his cheek before fixing his grip. 

‘I guess Sorden learned his lesson?’ Hex thought to herself as her Guardian was thrown to the cliffs. 

Hus’Ak crashed on the cliff, the Scorn Raiders looked in amusement as the Hive Guardian began using the vines to climb up. One Scorn Raider approached the edge with the intent of shooting Hus’Ak back down only for a blade to disintegrate the Raider in flames. Using his upper strength, Hus’Ak jumped up towards the Raiders positions. 

They began to panic as the Hive Guardian approached them with fire in his eyes. Uul’Nath looked up at the cliffs only to see a giant blast of Solar Light. His boney mouth smirks as he blocks another attack by a Ravager with his sentinel shield.