Chapter 24 "Overcoming the Past Pt 3" (FINALE)

A/N: Hey there readers! Welcome to the finale to Lucent Eyes II! This chapter as a whole has a lot of looking back on the first book. Like I said before, I will be working on an Epilogue Chapter before uploading the extra sections full of minor stuff. So I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and book as a whole!
______________________________________

Recap: Hus’Ak would fight off the hordes of Cabal Clones in the Pools of Calus as the Exo Stranger encounters the resurrected Prilis who was brought back as a Scorn hybrid. Eventually the Exo Stranger would escape from Prilis and meet with Hus’Ak and help him out as she calls the HELM about the location of the Hive Guardian.

While Empress Caital is assisted by the Guardian to rid her of the Nightmare of Dominus Ghaul, the ritual would be a success as the Guardian travels back to the HELM and meets with Crow. Eris Morn then tells Crow and the Guardian that the location of Hus’Ak has been found and she is sending them to conduct a severance ritual for him as she goes to help Ikora Rey with her Nightmare of Cayde-6.

The Guardian, and Crow would travel to the Pools of Calus to see the Exo Stranger and Hus’Ak. After a bit of information sharing from the Exo Stranger, Crow would remind everyone about the ritual as Hus’Ak got ready to use the Harvester and the Guardian and Crow set up the ritual. Elizabeth Bray would watch the entrances until the ritual began.

When the ritual did start, a deep guilt coming from Hus’Ak would emerge in the form of Savathûn, the Witch Queen. The Guardian, Crow, and Elizabeth would begin fighting the Nightmare as the ritual continued occuring…
______________________________________

[Pools of Calus | Derelict Leviathan]

Heavy footsteps, war cries, and laughter echoed loudly throughout the chamber of relaxation as the ritual continued to occur. The Guardian recently fired a rocket at the Nightmare of Savathûn, who simply laughed as it did little effect before the rocket did its cluster bomb effect. With some ammo still in Gjallarhorn, the Guardian quickly pointed the rocket towards a crowd of Cabal Gladiators and fired, resulting in the waves of Cabal to quickly take cover and fire at the guardian.

The God-Slayer would be shot multiple times but quickly managed to find cover and began to heal as Crow began to shoot his Hawkmoon at the forces. The hunter watched as the Nightmare of Savathûn manifested dark imitations of the Light, forming a Void vortex in her hand before throwing it towards the Exo Stranger who was busy firing at nearby Legionaries on top of the staircase.

“!” Crow quickly began to run up the stairs as he screamed for the Exo Stranger to watch out. Elizabeth Bray then ran from the eventual spot that a Nova Bomb would crash onto, however, Crow would be hit by it as he previously tried to push the Exo Stranger out of the way.

The Nova Bomb would rip apart Crow’s body violently before disappearing. Quickly noticing Crow’s death, the Guardian ran to protect Glint as he began the resurrection process. Elizabeth yelled out to the Guardian as a wave of Gladiators and Warbeasts ran towards the pair, “Watch the stairs!”

The Guardian, nodding his head, began firing his Ace of Spades to the wave, easily taking out the Warbeasts before throwing a Solar grenade to obliterate the gladiators. However, as Elizabeth helped the God-Slayer protect Glint, she would notice something in the distance before quickly creating a wall of Stasis to protect everyone.

Ghost yelled out in confusion, “What was that Elizabeth?!?”

The wall of Stasis would collapse under the command of the Exo Stranger and allow the Guardian, and the now revived Crow to see an archon like Scorn running towards them. The Guardian squinted his eyes at the spike imbued at the disturbing Scorn before turning to Elizabeth with a question, “Is that Prilis?”