Chapter 20 "Manifestations"

A/N: Okay, so there is a problem with this arc. I’ve been trying to make this story dark but so far it hasn’t seemed like it. But hopefully this chapter can make the situation tense for everyone.
______________________________________

Recap:
Previously, the Hive Guardian known as Hus’Ak has been stuck in his cell in the HELM. Though Hus’Ak would die due to the ship taking off. Meanwhile, after the mission to investigate the reappearance of the Leviathan, a ship owned by the exiled Cabal Emperor known as Calus. The Vanguard would discover the derelict state of the ship as infections of Egregore and hauntings of Nightmares begin to affect the members of the Vanguard and Empress Caital.

Causing a tense relationship between the Cabal Empire and the Last City...

Though Eris Morn and the Guardian would seem unaffected by the Nightmares, that didn’t mean Hus’Ak was safe from them as he would unknowingly have his nightmares take shape…
______________________________________

[Castellium, Derelict Leviathan]

The Guardian quickly ran for cover as a horde of Scorn Ravagers slammed their flaming weapons onto the ground, causing a wall of fire to be sent out. He would quickly begin firing his fusion rifle, Bastion, causing the Ravagers to explode in Void energy.

Taking a deep breath, the Guardian would speak to Eris Morn, “When will the nightmare show itself?”

The voice of Eris Morn would come through the comms, “Kill those Core Bearers and deposit it into the Harvester, then the Nightmare should reveal itself…”

Checking his weapons once again, the Guardian would pick out his sword, Lament. Then the God-Slayer would emerge from his cover, charging towards the horde of Scorn that were protecting the last Core Bearer needed to summon a powerful relic.

The Guardian would grunt in pain as the shots of nearby snipers caused damage to his body, but ignoring the pain, the God-Slayer would twist his sword to defend himself. A ward of fire caused any Scorn to attack to reel in pain as the Guardian rev the sword to its great potential. A barely clothed Cabal charged his way through the charging Scorn, his swords aiming to slice the Guardian in two.

The Guardian however would attack, his sword sawing through the Scorn like a chainsaw. The God-Slayers view would be a confusing mess as he continued to slice over and over again until he reached the Core Bearer charging in.

He would manage to jump above the horde, revving his sword before slamming it onto the head of the Core Bearer. The blade made its way into the now dying Cabal. The Guardian would jump off as the Cabal turned to ash, revealing an orb of glowing light. Switching to his Ace of Spades, the Guardian would fight his way to make it to the orb.

Before running off as he collected it in time, the Guardian would then make his way to the Harvester, a device created by Eris Morn to fight and ward off the Nightmares aboard the now derelict Leviathan. As he slammed the orb towards the Harvester, a relic would appear in the Guardian’s hand.

A Scythe to cut through the Scorn and Nightmares of the Leviathan was now given to the Guardian to use until it disappeared. Making sure to use the valuable time to manifest the relic, the God-Slayer would make his way through the Scorn as a great red mist began to form near one of the gigantic doors in the Castellium…

The Guardian would use the Scythe to cut down a Scorn Stalker, the relic would send forth a twirling disk of Solar Light that burned a group of Screebs from reaching the Guardian. Though Ghost would speak in his guardian’s mind, “There it is! The nightmare! Is that…Elykris?”

The Guardian would turn his head to see the Nightmare of Elykris the Machinist firing her Scorn Cannon. Huge projectiles of fire would be shot towards the Guardian’s direction, the God Slayer would doge in time and jump onto a bridge that overlooked the previous level of the room.