Chapter 22 "Overcoming the Past Pt 1"

A/N: Hey there readers! Here is Part 1 to the finale arc of the story. Currently, this chapter takes place a few weeks after the previous one. I will also either work on Oryx, the Lucent King, Chapter 6. Or do a stand alone Destiny idea that I’ve been wanting to do for a while now. 

This may be a short chapter as I really just wanted to get this chapter done. But I hope you guys will enjoy it anyway. 

______________________________________

Recap: Hus’Ak is meeted by Eris Morn who begins to talk about the manifestations of his nightmares. Attempting to get at the source, Eris Morn is told of the entire story of Hus’Ak and tells him to accept the fact that he has gone against the nature of the Hive. The Guardian would also help Crow with his Nightmare, allowing Crow to transform Uldren Sov into a memory.

Eris Morn would then prepare a severing ritual after convincing the Hive Guardian that he can beat the Nightmares of Korosek and Uul’Nath. The Guardian and Hidden Agents would then reach an Egregore forest. The ritual however would be interrupted by Empress Caital who discovered about the Hive Lightbearer on board the HELM, she would attempt to kill Hus’Ak but is slowed down with Stasis as Hus’Ak retreats further into the Leviathan. Hus’Ak would now be lost in the Leviathan with his Nightmares.

While on board the HELM, Empress Caital is angered at the Vanguard for allowing such a thing on board without consolidating her. Eris Morn would reassure the Empress about the value and uses that Hus’Ak posed, it would convince the Empress to allow Hus’Ak to be under custody of the Vanguard. Caital however warned that if she saw the Hive, she would destroy him. Ikora Rey promised he would be under the watch of the Hidden and that he would not meet the Empress again. 

______________________________________

[Unknown | Derelict Leviathan]

The Guardian slowly approached Zavala who greeted him, “Guardian…” across from the Titan Commander as the Nightmare of Safiyah who only looked at the titan.

Between them glowed the Severing artifact; emitting a red hue. Zavala took a deep breath before reaching his hand out forward to the device, he would grunt in pain as Safiyah watched in disdain.

Her voice criticized the Titan Vanguard for his service to the Traveler, who the Nightmare considered a silent god who rewards its followers with only war and death. Though if Eris Morn was to believe that the nightmares came from one’s doubt and fears…then no doubt Zavala had said these words to himself.

“How many pawns has the Traveler sacrificed to conscript Commander Zavala into its service?”

The Nightmare continued, her words harsh and sharp for the Vanguard Commander, “When it leaves you too, will you become like the Fallen?”

These words would not affect the Titan Vanguard who becomes more resilient towards his nightmare. He would turn his head towards Safiyah and explain how the Guardians are more than protecting the Traveler, “Guardians stand for more than the Traveler. We make our own fate.” 

Zavala would continue to stare at his Nightmare as a shield surrounded the two, leaving the Guardian left to defend the Titan Commander in the dark cavernous tunnel. 

The Guardian would turn around as a red mist began to grow inside the cavern before erupting into another Nightmare…

Nightmare of Kethisks, Grief Unforgiven…

The Fallen Captain that murdered Zavala’s and Safiyah’s son centuries ago…

The Guardian immediately engaged with the threat as Scorn Chieftains, Stalkers, Ravagers, and Screebs began to be summoned into the cavern. Using Gjallarhorn, the God-Slayer would shoot a rocket at Kethiks. Causing the Nightmare to scream in anger as it was covered in clusters of explosions, the Nightmare would then disappear before reappearing deeper into the cavern.