Lucent Eyes III Prologue

A/N: Hey there readers! Welcome to this book’s prologue. Now this doesn’t have any fighting scenes as it's just a prologue and it's basically a little slice of life chapter but Chapter 25 will be the true beginning of Hus’Ak’s next story. I'm actually deciding whether or not there should be a second arc in this book but we’ll see as I continue writing this story. Anyways I hope you all enjoy it!

‘Text’ = Represents Hus’Ak mentally talking

“Text” = Represents Hex mentally talking
______________________________________

/Lucent Eyes III Prologue\

[Testing Facility | ???, The Last City]

The Hive Guardian would currently be in a room full of old shipping crates and construction material. The reason as to why? Knowledge, well not just for himself.

Hus’Ak was being used by the Vanguard to see what forms the Light can take compared to the guardians of the Last City, and to make counter battle tactics for engaging the Lucent Brood in the future. Hus’Ak believed this to be fair as he wanted the Last City to trust him and know that he was different to the rest of his fellow counterparts.

Though Hex was hesitant about this part of the deal with the Vanguard due to a multitude of reasons like what if the Vanguard once they learned the full capabilities of Hus’Ak, would they then kill him for he served no purpose? Or what if the guardians of the Last City discover the truth because of a sneaky hunter! How will the Vanguard protect her guardian?

Hex had voiced her concerns to both Crow and the Guardian, but the two had assured the Hive Ghost that nothing would fall to Hus’Ak.

She knew that she was overthinking it but she also knew that any guardian that held hatred to the Hive, which was common, would likely be able to overpower Hus’Ak and kill him. But she would be interrupted from her fears as Hus’Ak spoke out loud, his voice addressing his silent ghost, “Hex…are you okay?”

The Hive Ghost would mentally smile at the improvement her guardian had made in human tongue, he had become much more clearer with the things he wanted to say as well now having less pauses in his speech.

She would leave the confines of Hus’Ak’s mind as she turned to face her friend, the Hive Ghost’s worries for the future disappearing as she assured her guardian, “I'm alright Hus’Ak. Thanks for asking…”

Hus’Ak eyed Hex with suspicions and Hex knew that her guardian must’ve been catching onto her as she had many of these moments every time the pair had gone to have their abilities recorded.

For the record, this was their sixth test ever since they arrived. But soon a familiar humming sound for the pair would emerge throughout the air, they would both turn to face a panel of windows overlooking the storage facility-turned testing room.

“How are you two adjusting to the Last City?” the voice spoke, it was a feminine voice. From what Hus’Ak and Hex knew was that the person who was speaking to them was a Hidden Agent, the only group of guardians in the Last City, other than a few certain individuals, that knew of the existence of the friendly Hive Lightbearer.

At first, Hus’Ak assumed it was the Hidden Agent back on Europa who placed the Light suppression device on Hex. The memory of Hex would rile up the guardian’s feelings but he knew that the voice speaking was not the same lady who did the act back on the icy planet. Though Hus’Ak didn’t know what he would do if he encountered that agent again in the future…

But ignoring those thoughts, Hus’Ak would beat Hex first in greeting the Hidden agent, greeting them as he gave a gentle wave to the watching window as he spoke, “We are…doing just fine…thank you for…asking.”