Chapter 21 "Ritual Failure"

A/N: Hey readers! I’ll be combining some weeks of Season of the Haunted up in order to start the Arc finale which literally starts the next chapter. If I am to be honest, I'm not proud of this arc but I'm gonna try to see if I can at least salvage it. That we can move onto Lucent Eyes III. 

So the scene you’re about to see will have Week 2’s severance ritual but with the results of Week 3. 

______________________________________

Recap: The Guardian would successfully take care of another manifestation of a powerful Nightmare on board the Leviathan. On the HELM, Crow would discover Hus’Ak’s location but continue to suffer from his Nightmare of Uldren Sov. He would then be captured by Ikora’s Hidden and taken to the Last City to talk to Zavala and Eris Morn.

Meanwhile back in the cells, Hus’Ak would encounter his own nightmares. Korosek and Uul’Nath, who would begin spreading their words of disgust to the Hive Guardian. Hus’Ak would continue to believe that he did nothing wrong as Hex tried to get help but to no avail. In the Last City, Eris Morn would tell Zavala and Crow about her severing rituals. 

And convinces Crow to return to the Leviathan in order to face Uldren Sov. Eris Morn would then reveal that she knew the existence of the Hive onboard towards Zavala. Before warning him of how such a secret could affect the fragile alliance between the Cabal and Last City.

______________________________________

[The Gauntlet | Derelict Leviathan]

Through gritted teeth, Crow would glare at the Nightmare of Uldren Sov as he began the severing ritual, “I’m not running…”

The Nightmare of Uldren Sov would only watch disinterested, “Hm. We’ll see…our legacy is calling.” 

The Guardian readied his weapon as a collection of red mist began to grow inside the circular area that was the Gauntlet. The Nightmare of Fikrul, the Fanatic would emerge as he slammed himself into the ground.

The God-Slayer would immediately open fire with his Ace of Spades, the bullets doing little effect. Fikrul would begin firing bolts of electricity towards the guardian, as he did so, he would call forths hordes of Scorn to attack the Guardian.

The Guardian would begin focusing on the Scorn Horde. Gathering his Light into the form of a grenade, the God-Slayer would quickly throw it behind him to a couple of Scorn Ravagers before turning around and firing on Screebs resulting in an explosion that sent the dead flesh of Eliksni across the room.

Fikrul would laugh as he summoned totems around the Gauntlet. The Guardian would be attached to one of the totems, struggling to break free from its grasps until he turned around and fired at the totem. He would break free just in time to dodge a Scorn Ravager’s attack. 

Ghost would yell at his guardian to focus, “We gotta get Fikrul! Crow is losing focus!”

Crow would indeed be losing focus as the laughter of the Fanatic continued to plague his thoughts from completing the ritual. A smirk on Uldren Sov would emerge as he hovered closely to the shame-ridden guardian, “Will you run away? Like always? Hahaha…”

Crow would glare at his Nightmare as the Guardian began focusing his attention on Fikrul. The Guardian would explode in fire as the Golden Gun materialized in his hands. The God-Slayer would quickly fire the revolver in quick succession to make way to the Fanatic, before jumping into the air and gathering his Light for another powerful attack.

The Scorn below would watch as the Guardian spun around in the air before throwing a barrage of blades to Fikrul would yell in pain before raising his fists in the air and retreating into the enclosed area outside of the Gauntlet.