Chapter 8 "Reclaiming Oryx's Temple"

A/N: Hello everyone! We are continuing the story of Hus'Ak! Now this chapter will be the part where Lucent Eyes really connects with the Destiny Universe.

Back then, I had Hus'Ak faced off threats that I made up. (Like the Temple Arc. And all that wacky stuff.) This chapter takes place after the Strike: Lightblade.

So we know that the Guardian is somewhat close in the Campaign. Eventually things will hit its peak!

Technically, the previous chapters leading up to Chapter 6, was the first half of this book (I only plan on making 12 chapters, might make short chapters after wards though!)

Chapter 7 was a filler and just a quick break for me to organize another Arc to this story. So chapter 8 is the start of this new arc! I haven't come up with a name for it though...

Anyways enjoy this chapter! And watch out for an update chapter on where I want to take this story afterwards.
______________________________________

[Savathûn's Throne World|Queen's Bailey]

Walking down the pristine steps, Hus'Ak reached the garden where Alak'Hul was spotted before the Guardians came.

The Hive Guardian would walk into the wet ground, on them were beautiful lily pads. On his right, Hus'Ak saw the many corpse of Hive that were now broken plating and pieces of chitin.

Weird worm like things wriggled on the ground before succumbing to death. Their bodies caved into themselves as they burnt away in dark green ash.

"What are those?" Hus'Ak asked his ghost, it reminded him of the Lucent Moths back at the Temples.

"Oh, those are Hive Worms. They live inside all Hive warriors, even Savathûn has a worm. Though now? I'm not sure..." Hex kept her thoughts to herself but Hus'Ak wanted more information.

"What do you mean?"

"Ok, when I resurrected you. You were dead and incapable of sustaining a Hive Worm, yours is likely dead. Now? The Light courses through your body, I'm sure it will kill any Hive Worm that tries to enter you." Hex then gave more information.

"It's a good thing too. Hive Worms are what makes the Hive so violent and destructive."

Hus'Ak paused at that. He watched fellow Hive clean up the mess in the gardens. He turned back to his ghost, "How do others see the Hive?"

"The Hive existed for an unknown amount of years, I have no idea how long your species existed for, but for how other species see you?" Hex continued.

"You are a creature of pure evil, a creature that must be exterminated so that life can thrive and survive. Your species are monsters born from the Darkness."

Hus'Ak took the information in before heading deeper into the Hive entrance.

"Why..." Hus'Ak paused, "Did you resurrect me then?"

Hex visibly became uncomfortable. Why did she resurrect a Hive? She wasn't a fanatic like the rest of the Hive Ghosts, she was desperate for a Guardian. Did she even have a choice? Did the Traveler made it so that she was fated to resurrect Hus'Ak?

"I don't know..." Was all that she could say, Hex could see it register to Hus'Ak in his eyes. He became silent...

They both got on the tomb ship ride that would eventually lead them to the swamp where they would meet Uul'Nath.

"If you knew and had a choice...would you still resurrect me?" Hus'Ak asked in a hushed tone.

"Yes... Your my Guardian. Though it doesn't help that the only place I called home is a place I can never return to..." Hex replied.