Chapter 58-Self control

Izuku's name was spoken by his former abuser, triggering a familiar rage within him. He fought to control it, biting his lip until it bled, especially with people still around after the exam.

"Izuku? That loser's still alive?" Katsuki's words cut through, and Izuku clenched his fists, nails digging into his skin, causing more bleeding. Kafka watched, wide-eyed, seeing his struggle.

"Katsuki..." Katsumi's tone held disappointment.

"Let's go," Kafka said to Izuku in Italian, snapping him out of his turmoil, and confusing him.

Grabbing his hand, she pulled him away, disappearing into the crowd.

"Hey, wait!" Izaki tried to follow, but they vanished.

"Izaki, stop," Shoto said, placing a hand on her shoulder to prevent her from bumping into someone.

"But Izuku!" Izaki protested, feeling disheartened.

"That wasn't him. You need to accept that he's gone," Shoto advised, causing Izumi to bite her lip in frustration.

"That was him! I recognize my brother!" Izaki's sudden yell shocked Shoto and the others.

"It's clear they were foreigners," Shoka remarked, approaching her brother from behind.

"Yeah, I think the woman was speaking Italian," Katsumi chimed in.

"We didn't see his face, so we can't be sure," Katsuki added.

"Still, he looked good even from behind," Shoka noted, with Katsumi nodding in agreement.

"If only I had gotten a good look at his face!" Katsumi cursed.

"Izuku..." Izaki muttered.

Meanwhile, on top of a building a few blocks away.

"Are you okay?" Kafka asked Izuku, who leaned against a wall with his arms crossed, hair covering his eyes. He nodded.

"Yeah, mostly," Izuku said, his hands and bottom lip showing signs of recovery.

"Being here hasn't exactly been great for my mental state," Izuku commented, walking over to Kafka and standing beside her, observing his former friends from a distance.

"Well, you're handling it remarkably well," Kafka praised, patting Izuku on the back, making him smile.

"Thanks. This is the second time you've supported me like this," Izuku remarked, noticing Kafka's slight blush.

"No worries!" she said, giving Izuku a thumbs up.

Izuku chuckled at her gesture, smiling before turning to look at the setting sun.

"Well, that lifted my spirits," Izuku said, stretching his back, which puzzled Kafka.

"It did?" she asked, confused. Izuku nodded.

"That, and Griffon's idea, along with Fenrir who's yelling right now," Izuku explained, summoning Griffon, who perched on his arm.

"HOW DARE THAT STUPID F**K SPEAK TO MASTER! ILL RIP THEM IN TWO AND BURN THEM AND STOMP ON THEIR CORPSE'S! AND AFTER THAT I WILL (redacted for being too violent)" Izuku sighed as Fenrir kept on going.

"Izuku wants you to step on—" Griffon began before Izuku covered its beak, tightening his grip around its neck.

"Looks like the bird is still as chatty as ever," Kafka remarked, shooting Griffon an annoyed stare.

"Do what I told you," Izuku instructed, releasing Griffon, who landed on the edge of the building, catching his breath before flying off in a direction.