Chapter 49- The Trial

At the Hitoshi Residence-
Shinso had currently returned from work as he was tired. It was another day where the shop was filled with customers as devil may cry was becoming a hotspot for people going to work in the mornings and for workers who were on their breaks.

"Hitoshi is that you?" Shinso's father asked from the kitchen.

"Yeah, it's me. Sorry I'm late, I had my hands full today." Shinso said as he put his jacket away and went into the kitchen to find his dad cooking.

"No worries, I just got here half an hour ago." Shinso's dad said as he tasted the food.

"Another late night working on a case?" Shinso asked his dad as he sat down near the table as he nodded.

"Unfortunately, but justice never sleeps for Shinsui Shinso is always on the case!!" Shinso's dad quipped as he laughed causing shinso to chuckle.

"You've been watching those cop shows way too much." Shinso said as his dad chuckled.

"As a lawyer cops are my mortal enemy. Keeping the evidence to themselves when it could've been used to prove the innocence of a person." His dad said with a bit of venom.

"Then why watch them?" Shinso asked.

"To know my enemy." Shinsui replied.

"What's the case this time? You're defending a murder suspect?" Shinso asked his dad who nodded.

"Weirdest thing about the case is that, the guy didn't even know that he committed a murder. The police just found him in the crime scene curled up into a ball." Shinso's dad said as Shinso was confused as he asked.

"Did you try and use you're quirk on him?" Shinso asked as his dad grabbed some plates and began to plate the food.

"Yes, though he was too traumatized to even say anything. My quirk is able to convince anyone to do something, but even after I convinced him to talk he just broke down after he tried to explain it. It's strange." He said bringing the food to the table.

"So there wasn't any evidence that the cops found?" Shinso asked as his dad nodded.

"Nothing. No murder weapon or anything. Just the suspect. Security cameras were all scratched up. If I didn't know any better I would say that a rabid beast killed the victim." Shinso's dad said confusing hitoshi.

"Why's that?" Shinso asked as he picked up his fork.

"Because the corpse was mangled beyond recognition. No human, quirk or no quirk can ever do that. Not even on mind altering drugs. I pray that you never have to see anything like that." Shinso's dad in a dark tone as he changed the subject.

"So how was work?" He inquired returning to his usual self.

"G-good. We had a lot of customers today." Shinso said as he ate the food.

"That's great. I didn't believe it when you first told me, but I'm proud." Shinso's dad said as shinso smiled.

"How is the snake you've been keeping as a pet anyways?" His dad asked.

"It's been acting weird, but it might just be hungry so i might feed it tomorrow." Shinso said taking another bite.

"I wasn't sure about letting you keep it after you're hamster died, but if you're happy then I'm okay with it." His dad replied.

"You might want to ask you're dad about who you're mom was." Suddenly izuku's words rung up in his head.

"Uh... dad may I ask a question." Shinso asked in a serious tone as his dad nodded.