Chapter 46-Snake in my boot

A day had passed, and Izuku had closed the shop to gather his new employees in the lounge area to provide them with instructions. He stood next to a whiteboard as they sat down.

"Alright, to start with, your work will be on a shift-to-shift basis. The store opens at 8:00 AM and closes at 6:00 PM. Your shifts will begin at 12:00 PM, which gives you enough time after school," Izuku explained, writing the schedule on the whiteboard.

Uraraka raised her hand with her shadow resting on her lap. Izuku nodded for her to continue.

"Isn't the pay kind of high for only 6 hours of work?" She inquired, to which Izuku responded by shaking his head.

"Like I mentioned earlier, your roles as cooks, waitresses, and cashiers are just one part of the job. You found this job through the dark web, so expect some other tasks that are not normal," Izuku cautioned, leaving Sato feeling uneasy.

"By the way," Izuku began, wiping the whiteboard clean.

"Our customer base mainly comprises young people like yourselves, but during the afternoons, we also have quite a few Yakuza patrons. Don't worry; they come for the coffee and stay for a chat or to provide security," Izuku explained, noting it down on the board.

"Security?" Shinso inquired, seeking clarification, and Izuku confirmed.

"We pay them protection money, and they assist in maintaining the establishment's safety, particularly since heroes won't do it," Izuku clarified.

Sato chimed in with a question, "What if a hero or a villain comes to the shop?"

"Heroes and villains do make appearances from time to time, but they generally come in civilian attire to blend in. Nevertheless, our policy is straightforward, if they're in costume, they're not allowed service," Izuku responded, and Sato nodded in comprehension.

"That would certainly help avoid conflicts with them and the Yakuza," Sato remarked.

Shinso then inquired, "What about the other tasks we need to handle in addition to our regular duties?" All of them were eager to know.

"Occasionally, through the back kitchen, injured Yakuza members may enter seeking medical aid. This is where you all come in. Lead them to the storage area to the clinic in the basement, open the door for them, and then leave. They'll know what to do. Additionally, we receive shipments of medical and cafe supplies weekly, so please ensure the storage shelves are stocked with them," Izuku explained. This information left them taken aback, particularly the part about tending to wounded Yakuza members.

"Wounded Yakuza? Storage room? Clinic!?" Uraraka and Sato exclaimed, their astonishment evident, while Shinso remained speechless.

"Oh right, I haven't shown you the clinic yet," Izuku remembered, beckoning them to follow him.

Izuku opened the door to the storage area, revealing a red portal leading to an undisclosed location. He stepped through it and encouraged them to do the same.

They entered and discovered a concealed clinic below, stocked with medical supplies and high-quality equipment.

"Is this even legal!?" Sato inquired, his shock apparent. Izuku, however, shook his head.

"No, it's not. But I'm a certified doctor, so you don't need to worry about medical malpractice," Izuku assured Sato, who still seemed uneasy.

"This is quite impressive," Shinso remarked as he surveyed the surroundings.

"Can you even imagine the cost of all this?" Uraraka asked.

"Since you're all underage, I can't really show you the other part of the building, but you'll find out in a year," Izuku said, puzzling them.