Chapter 39-Brothers Vs Brothers

15 June, 4:27PM

Nero touched down on a Qliphoth branch, scanning the surroundings until his gaze settled on a phone booth perched atop a small hill. He detected the faint sound of ringing, indicating its functionality. He reached out, dialed a number, and patiently awaited the recipient's answer.

"Hello?" A voice came from the other end, and Nero was instantly relieved.

"Nero? Is that you Nero? What's going on?" Kyrie asked, her voice filled with concern. Nero proceeded to explain the bewildering situation he found himself in.

"Kyrie, when I was a kid, I... I was alone. You and Credo were all I knew. And now, all of a sudden I find out I have a family. What am I supposed to do with that?" Nero asked, his gaze fixed on the top of the Qliphoth, where his father and uncle clashed.

"You always know which path is right and which is wrong. There's no need to doubt yourself," Kyrie replied, her words offering comfort to Nero.

"Thanks... I guess that's all I needed to hear. I have one last thing to take care of... then I'm coming home," Nero said, his voice filled with determination as he ended the call. He started making his way up the branch, his thoughts turning inward as he began to speak to himself.

"I couldn't protect Credo. To this day I hate myself for not having enough strength. But this time is different. I swear!" Nero exclaimed, his voice resolute as he sprinted up the Qliphoth branch.

"IM NOT LETTING YOU DIE!" Nero shouted, extending his Devil Breaker as it started to emit a radiant light. It disassembled itself, and from its remains, a new, empowered arm emerged.

Two energy wings, shimmering in a deep azure hue, sprouted from his back. Nero ascended into the sky with them, determined to intervene in the battle between his uncle and father. He landed amidst their clash, effectively halting their blades from colliding.

 He landed amidst their clash, effectively halting their blades from colliding