Chapter 51-Meeting with the police

In a dimly lit room, a spacious table was surrounded by individuals clad in suits, engaging in discussions on current matters.

"They're becoming a concern, we must address them before facing more attacks," remarked one man.

"No, we should conceal their existence and handle them covertly," insisted a woman.

"And how's that strategy working out? All the operatives we dispatched ended up dead," retorted another man.

"On the other hand. There's been a decline in sightings lately," contributed a man optimistically.

"True, especially in larger cities. Any intel on the diminishing numbers of these creatures?" inquired another man.

"I've got something to contribute," declared a man with blond hair, golden eyes, and red wings, radiating confidence.

"Hawks? How do you have intel our information department lacks?" inquired another man, eyeing Hawks with curiosity.

"I conducted my own research, all for the betterment of Quirked society, am I right?" Hawks explained, receiving nods of agreement.

"Take a look at this," Hawks urged, inserting a USB drive into the computer, revealing some blurry images.

"What are we seeing?" questioned a woman.

"I believe these depict the entities responsible for eliminating the creatures. These shots are from a few weeks back," Hawks revealed, zooming in on a picture featuring a purple blur with glowing red eyes impaling a demon.

"Apologies for the blur, these are from live cameras in the area," Hawks apologized, switching to another image showing a large, indistinct red figure dispatching demons.

"What are these beings? Who are they?" the people at the desk pondered.

"Could they be more creatures attacking each other?" suggested a man skeptically.

"Possibly, but take a look at this," Hawks insisted, pressing a button to reveal a clearer image of a black demonic humanoid figure gripping a demon by its neck.

"It's humanoid?" remarked a man, a hint of unease in his voice.

"Yes, but there's more to it," Hawks explained, pressing a button to play a video.

"I told you to kill them all," the figure in the video declared, smashing the head of a demon, which vanished upon its demise.

"It can speak!?" exclaimed one of them, sparking discussions around the table.

"What implications does this have?" a man inquired.

"They can speak!?" a frightened woman voiced her concern.

"We must contain this!" a man urged, prompting everyone to halt their discussions as a loud bang echoed on the table.

"Ladies and gentlemen, calm down," a man with black and white hair, two golden eyes, and sharp teeth interjected.

"How can you remain calm? The video proves they possess intelligence!" someone yelled at him.

"Exactly. And because of that intelligence, perhaps we could negotiate with them," the man stated with a devilish smile.

"Are you out of your mind!? Humans shouldn't be striking deals with these d-demons!" a woman exclaimed in protest.

"Vice President of the Hero Association, Drakon, what makes you advocate for negotiating with demons?" Hawks inquired with interest.

"Well, if they possess intelligence, they likely have thoughts and emotions such as greed and fear. If handled correctly, we could use them to our advantage," Drakon explained, prompting Hawks to stroke his chin in contemplation.