Chapter 32-A Swords Purpose

Some time had passed since Dante had departed, leaving Trish in the care of V and Kafka. Eventually, Trish regained consciousness and glanced around.

"Dante's left," she murmured, realizing he was nowhere to be found.

"Yes... And I don't think he can win," V replied solemnly, casting a shadow of doubt over their chances. Trish's surprise and shock were evident as she absorbed V's words. In the background, Kafka greeted her with a friendly wave and a smile.

Trish's curiosity ignited. "What was that demon, V? Where did it come from? Urizen is not a demon. I'm certain of that because I'm from the underworld," she questioned, her inquiry leaving Kafka stunned and V closing his book, acknowledging the gravity of the situation.

"My god... What are you, then?" Trish asked, her gaze fixed on V, who paused to ponder his response.

"You're a demon!?" Kafka exclaimed, her hands hovering near her guns, tension rising.

"Relax, I'm one of the 'good ones,' I suppose. You're Izuku's friend, right?" Trish inquired, observing Kafka's nod.

"I'm one of his teachers. Now, answer me, V. What are you?" Trish demanded, her stare piercing into him.

"It doesn't matter. I'm a shadow of my former self, someone who has lost everything," V admitted, putting his book away as the weight of his words hung in the air.

"I will share with you the story of my birth." V declared, a sly smile curving his lips, capturing both Trish's and Kafka's attention. They listened intently, ready to unravel the mysteries shrouding V's existence.

A Few Weeks Ago-
"Enduring defeat after defeat, the man's body was reaching it's limit. breaking down," V narrated.

The scene shifted to a time where the hooded man, the one responsible for severing Nero's arm and blinding Izuku, limped toward an old, scorched, and deserted house, clutching the Yamato in his right hand.

"Yet, he couldn't die yet. The man had a job that must be done: to defeat his twin brother." V continued as the scene revealed the hooded figure entering the desolate house.

The moon's gentle rays filtered through the window, casting an ethereal glow upon the figure standing before a sizable portrait depicting a family of four – mother, father, and two brothers. With a purposeful motion, the man withdrew the Yamato from its sheath. Dante, muttered under his breath.

He raised the sword, severing the connection to its sheath and poised it in the air. His back faced the portrait, and with a resolute motion, he impaled himself with the Yamato, reciting a haunting poem with a mixture of desperation and determination.

"Heavy chain, that does freeze my bones around!!!" his voice reverberated through the room as he drove the blade deeper into his chest.

"In order to defeat his twin brother, he could only do one thing with the crumbling flesh and feelings." V explained as he manifested from within the hooded figure, collapsing onto the floor. The hooded man, now weakened by loss of blood, knelt beside him.

"He needed to separate man from devil with the strength of the Yamato. And eventually the man became a true Devil." V continued as the man's form began to radiate a crimson hue.
Abruptly, he underwent a transformation, metamorphosing into a demon. With the passage of the flashback, the scene returned to the present.

"I've tried to hold my crumbling flesh with what little demonic power I have left, but. I am reaching my limit." V confessed, his skin peeling away as his confession hung in the air.

"In separating my and regaining my human soul, I've realized the gravity of the crime I've committed. I realised how important everything was... Everything I threw away in my pursuit of power." V shared with Trish, his emotions laid bare in his words.