Chapter 40-And The Tree Fell

Vergil and Dante were forcibly pushed back by the power of the bullets unleashed by Izuku and Nero. Vergil found himself on his knees, and Dante sprawled out on the ground, both visibly fatigued from the encounter.

"Interesting," Vergil remarked, his voice strained as he caught his breath, while Dante started to laugh.

"Oh, brother. You cut off your son's arm for more power, and you still lost," Dante teased Vergil, his laughter growing.

"Don't be mean, Dante. You got your ass kicked too," Izuku interjected, bringing a balanced perspective to the conversation. Dante chuckled and nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, tore me a new one," Dante admitted with a grin, pushing himself up.

"You know what, this might be the best birthday present I could've asked for." Izuku said as Dante remembered.

"Oh right, today's your birthday. Well, my present is with Morrison, so talk to him about that," Dante mentioned casually.

"How did you manage to attack during my Judgment Cut?" Vergil inquired, looking at Izuku with curiosity. Izuku wore a confident smirk as he replied.

"Rag-time. Hell, you didn't make it easy, you were still moving faster than I could swing, so I had to strike at the perfect moment," Izuku explained. Vergil's expression shifted to a knowing smirk as he absorbed the explanation.

"Guess you've gotten weaker, Vergil," Dante chimed in teasingly. Vergil scoffed in response.

"If I recall correctly you're the one who was defeated by my son." he retorted, reigniting their classic sibling banter.

"Oh yeah, at least I don't have a ugly ass mug for a face!" Dante retorted as vergil was dumfounded.

"Dante that insult doesn't work, we're twins." Vergil replied as the argument began to get even more heated before Nero stepped in to stop the banter.

"Enough, dammit! The underworld is taking over, and we need to do something before it's too late," Nero warned them, his voice carrying a sense of urgency as the tree continued to shake violently.

"He's right, we need to close that portal. Hey, we lost, so we better do what they say," Dante suggested to Vergil, who stood up, raising his sword.

"I can still fight," Vergil declared, adopting a fighting stance.

As they contemplated their next move as Nero and izuku got ready to fight.

"But if those roots continue to spread through town, it'll just interfere with our business," Vergil pointed out as he calmly sheathed his blade. His statement left Nero and Izuku somewhat puzzled.

"Now that's the smartest thing I've ever heard you say." Dante said getting up and following his brother to the edge of the Qliphoth.

"Better hurry up, we still got a score to settle." Dante said as Vergil nodded agreeing.

"Evidently." He said as they made their way to the edge while Izuku and Nero were still confused.

They then heard the sound of an missle above them. All eyes turned upward to see an atomic bomb plummeting towards them.

"Should we do something about that?" Izuku asked casually, while Dante waved it off nonchalantly. The bomb was intercepted by a Qliphoth root in mid-air and casually tossed into the underworld, a comedic end to the government's desperate attempt. Izuku couldn't help but laugh at the spectacle.

"Wait! Where are you going?" Nero inquired as he ran up to them, and Izuku followed suit.

"We need to sever the Qliphoth roots from the underworld itself," Vergil explained, while Dante added, "Then we'll seal the portal with the Yamato."