Chapter 23-Welcome to Redgrave city

Nero and Nico ride through the empty streets of Redgrave city in their van as they were listening to the radio.

"Red grave and it's surrounding cities have seized to function as a result of the tree that mysteriously attacked one month ago. Governments and hero's of all countries have tried to attack the tree but to no avail." Nico changed the radio station as it was a man rambling about demons.

"Their demons! I've seen them with my own eyes! Red grave is completely taken over." He yelled as Nero changed the station.

"Let us pray. This is a trial from the heavens above." He eventually got annoyed as he turned it off standing up and going to the back to turn on the juke box they had.

"Same crap, different day." He said walking over to the juke box.

"So, tell me-" he said as Nico asked.

"Tell you what?" She replied.

"How's it feel to be rescuing the guy who was raised by your grandmother?" Nero asked as he pressed a button.

"Glad we're getting personal." Nico joked.

"Well, he does have my grandma's life's work with him and I've been meaning to meet him for a while, so pretty excited." Nico said enthusiastically pulling out a cigarette.

"Well, I guess it is pretty exciting seeing the work of the world's best gunsmith." Nero said going back to his seat and sitting down as music began playing.

The smoke from the cigar quickly filled the van as Nero opened a window to let it out and get some fresh air.

"You have to do that in here? It already smells like ass." He said waving his hand to let the smoke out.

"That's you!" She retorted.

In the distance Nero saw empusa in the streets as he smirked.

"Hey, nico!" He called out.

"Don't lose your tits, I see em!" She said speeding up bumping into the bug like devil's.

"Hey you have to hit every single bump on the road? Your ruining my groove!" Nero said as she chuckled.

Nero took his revolver out as he began shooting at the demons from a distance.

An empusa almost crawled into the van but Nico pressed the hot end of the cigar on to its face making it fall back.

They saw a group of empusa waiting for them In front a pile of flaming cars as Nero smirked and looked at Nico who nodded. She turned the wheel flipping the van over and into the air as Nero crawled out of the window and began doing his thing taking out all of them in a flashy and fashionable way shooting them all as he got back in the van just in time before it landed as they had gone over the wreckage and continued their way to Redgrave city.

Nero grabbed the lighter that was 9n the floor and kit Nico's cigar as they continued their way to the Qliphoth tree.

Meanwhile-
At the opposite end of the city a heavily armored vehicle carrying two people was entering into the city as they stopped at a heavily barricaded checkpoint.

The door of the vehicle opened as a man in a black jumpsuit, combat boots and a scarf with long hair came out, followed by a short bipedal rodent.

"I don't get why you needed me here..." Aizawa said tiredly.

"The pollen from the tree has quirk cancelling properties and since you have a erasure quirk it seemed best to bring you here instead of all might." Nezu said as aizawa sighed.

Both if them walked over to the caption in charge of the troops there as they asked to be let in to the city which was denied.

"We were given special access by the government to enter the city to get information about the tree." Nezu said holding up some documents.