Chapter 31-Trish

In the midst of a raging inferno, Dante found himself trapped inside a burning house. His mother, Eva, hurriedly picked him up as he stumbled, desperately trying to follow her. With urgency in her voice, she clasped his hand tightly and led him to seek a safe refuge. Eva gently placed him inside a sturdy dresser.

"You need to hide, Dante. No matter what happens, you mustn't leave!" she urged, her voice filled with concern as the flames intensified around them.

"I need to find Vergil, I promise I'll be back," Eva replied, determined to reunite with his brother.

Eva held her son's face, wiping away his tears, and offered him comfort. "I know this is hard. You must be a big boy... A man, huh?" she said tenderly, prompting Dante to nod in agreement.

With tears welling in her eyes, Eva gazed at Dante one last time, her voice quivering with emotion.

"If I don't return, you must run. By yourself, alone. You must change your name, forget your past, and start a new life as someone else," she instructed with love and fear in her heart.

"A new beginning," she whispered, closing the dresser doors to shield him from harm. With a heavy heart, she ran through the burning building, calling out for Vergil. The last thing Dante heard were her anguished screams of pain echoing through the flames.

In an instant, Dante's eyes snapped open, finding V standing over him, the Sparda mere inches from his face. Rising to his feet, Dante watched as V fell to the ground, exhausted, dropping the sword.

"For a second there, I thought you were gonna shish kabob me," Dante remarked, breathing heavily as his heart rate gradually slowed down.

"I know how stubborn you can be. I thought it might be the only way to wake you," V replied, catching his breath, while Kafka observed Dante intently, analyzing his every move.

Dante shifted his attention to the unfamiliar girl. "Who's the chick?" he inquired, still catching his breath.

"That the one who stole izuku's jacket!" Griffon interjected, causing Kafka to sigh in exasperation.

Dante gave the girl a daunting glare, freezing her in place, before turning to ask V, "What day is it?"

"The 15th... of June," V answered, shocking Kafka further, who pondered how a human could endure this long without sustenance.

"A month? No wonder I'm so stiff," Dante quipped, getting back on his feet and stretching.

"Right, sunshine, now put a fire under it. We gotta get going because that annoying pimple Nero and Izuku are making a beeline for Urizen." Griffon chimed in, offering an explanation. Dante began shadow boxing, punching the air as he prepared himself for the impending battle.

"And if they get there, they're gonna-" before Griffon could finish his sentence, Dante grabbed him by the neck and tossed him aside.

"Get smashed like a BUG!?" Griffon yelled, only to be met with Dante's defiant gaze.

Turning to face V and Kafka, Dante conveyed his sentiments, "Hey, this is my gig. Leave the kids out of this."

V stood up, chuckling as he retrieved his cane. "If you could defeat Urizen... then I would have never dreamed of using the children," he said, walking over to his familiar.

"But Urizen... is much stronger than we could have imagined," V added, and Dante had a flashback to one month ago, memories of the daunting foe they faced resurfacing.

Dante, along with V, Lady, and Trish, ventured into the Qliphoth through the entrance they had created. V sensed Urizen's power as they emerged, with Griffon taking the opportunity to mock him.