Chapter 35-Epsilon

Meanwhile, Izuku summoned Fenrir to propel him, launching him towards the wall, and then ran along the vertical surface, descending until he safely reached the ground.

"Phew, that was a close call," Izuku commented, gazing at the hole he had just traversed.

"Agreed," Fenrir affirmed, landing gracefully beside him.

"It seems we've only got further down to go from here," Izuku remarked, his attention drawn to the complex maze below them. He proceeded to make his way downward, navigating the expansive tree's intricate interior.

As he ventured through the labyrinthine pathways, he encountered a variety of demons – empusas, cainas, and others. Nevertheless, he deftly dispatched them, his crimson blade slicing through their forms effortlessly. However, a surprise attack came from behind as a couple more demons lunged at him.

Swiftly, Izuku transitioned to his Devil arm, Astrener, employing its daggers to impale the cainas' bones. In an explosive burst of crimson flames, the demons were thrown back. Fenrir absorbed the fiery explosion, then released a concentrated beam of fire, reducing the remaining demons to ashes.

Progressing through the labyrinth with minor setbacks, the duo finally arrived at a spacious chamber nestled deep within the tree's core.

Abruptly, a sense of malevolence enveloped Izuku, as if a baleful gaze was fixed upon him from above. He directed his attention upward, discovering a colossal eye gaping open on the ceiling. Through the eye socket tumbled a gigantic devil – a creature adorned with white fur and crimson skin, bearing claws that rivaled swords and teeth larger than a forearm. It sported three formidable tails that cascaded behind it as it descended.

The creature's gaze locked onto Izuku, its salivating mouth a testament to its anticipation of the demonic blood coursing within the young man. Its eyes, gleaming with a vicious blend of malice and hunger, scrutinized Izuku's every move. Yet, neither Izuku nor the monstrous being made any sudden motions.

"Fenrir, do you know anything about this demon?" Izuku inquired mentally, his familiar having returned to his side.

"Ah, this one... Agnus's research did touch upon this demon, but all I've got is its name," Fenrir responded through their telepathic connection.

"And that would be?" Izuku pressed, eyeing the imposing figure before him.

"Azaroth, the embodiment of destruction and guardian of the Qliphoth's lower stratum," Fenrir conveyed, prompting a slight grin from Izuku.