Chapter 54-First Day of Teaching

"Well? I'm waiting," Kafka urged, the barrel of her gun hovering a few inches from Izuku's head.

"Uh... W-well, I-im..." Izuku stammered, avoiding her gaze and looking up.

"What's wrong? Are you getting distracted by something?" Kafka inquired, and Izuku nodded.

"W-well, I've never been this close to a woman before, and if I look down, you'll shoot me, so..." Izuku explained. Kafka sighed, holstered her gun, and Izuku breathed a sigh of relief. Suddenly, Kafka slammed her fist next to Izuku's head, startling him and denting the metal walls of the elevator.

"I'm still waiting," Kafka stated, her eyes closed, and an eerie smile on her face. Izuku took a deep breath.

"I'm here at UA because my uncle, who owns the university, and my other uncle, a teacher here, want me to become a teacher as well," Izuku explained. Kafka tilted her head in confusion.

"Wait. Your uncle is the principal of UA? And he wants you to be a teacher here? Why?" Kafka asked.

"It's a long story. Also, you still haven't explained why you're here," Izuku inquired as Kafka sighed.

Kafka withdrew her hand from the wall, leaning on the opposite side of the elevator. Izuku finally sighed in relief, wiping sweat from his face.

"Well, the UA principal had to get information about you from somewhere, and the Vongola provided it," Kafka clarified, crossing her arms.

"So, you're saying Vongola Nino sold me out?" Izuku asked, puzzled.

"No, the boss wouldn't do that. It was Reborn who spilled the beans. In exchange, the Vongola gets a spy in UA, and we obtain information on the Japanese Hero Society and other matters," Kafka explained. Izuku smirked, veins popping on his face.

"So, Reborn sold me out, huh? Well then," Izuku said angrily, summoning Muramasa.

"Someone's dying tonight!" he declared, his eyes glowing red.

"So, you're just going to ignore that I'm an informant for the Vongola, selling valuable information about your country to one of the biggest criminal organizations worldwide?" Kafka asked, confused. Izuku nodded.

"Yeah, I don't really give a damn. The system is rigged anyway. As long as no one touches my stuff, I'm fine with it," Izuku explained.

"Anyways, what department will you be working in?" Kafka inquired.

"Combat training. These youngsters need to learn how to fight for real," Izuku declared, and Kafka chuckled.

"You're younger than some of them, you know?" she laughed. Izuku chuckled as well, nodding.

"In age maybe, but in experience, I'm in a whole other league," Izuku clarified.

"What about you? What will you be teaching?" Izuku inquired of Kafka.

"Same as you. I heard Green Tornado got mad when she found out you took her position and demanded the other assistant spot, but I snagged it so you wouldn't have to deal with her," Kafka explained. Izuku sighed in relief and expressed his gratitude.

"Thanks, I can't stand that woman. Honestly, you're the only one I like, apart from Lady and Trish," Izuku said, causing Kafka to blush a bit as she smiled.

"Well, in exchange for being the assistant combat instructor, I secured another role..." Kafka disclosed with a devious smile, catching Izuku's interest.

"What?" he asked, intrigued.

"I'm the head of the combat department! So technically, I'm your boss!" Kafka declared, causing Izuku's jaw to drop.