Chapter 24 "Unexpected"

Start from the beginning

"Sorry! I was just trying to take you out coz you're not replying or answering my calls. Thats why i asked your mom where you were and I just picked you up." He says trying to hold back his nervousness. He seems panicked. Oh he better be. I'm not gonna give him an easy way out of this argument.

"So you just had to kidnap me with that ...... brainless excuse?!" I say still not lowering my voice.

"Okay i get it! Im stupid! I said Im sorry!" He says a little annoyed now.

"Dont think that sorry's can fix this Kyle! This is beyond comprehension!!" I remain yelling.

"Babe." He says sounding defeated.

"Dont call me that.. i'm so mad at you right now." I say more low but firmly.

"Summer." He calls me calmly but I ignore still looking outside. Where the hell are we??? "C'mon. I know that was crossing the line. Please forgive me. I thought that could add up to my surprise for you" i ignore his statement about the surprise. How dare he use Abbie's name?

I still dont answer. I look outside again. Then I remembered, Abbie and I are meeting! I look at my phone. its already 7!! What the hell?! We've been driving for far too long. I thought it was just a few minutes.

"Bring me back home now!" I tell him in an annoyed tone. Oh my God. I need to text Abbie but there's no reception here! Why is this happenening?! She's probably so mad at me right now.

"But our date. I planned it and-"

"Turn around. Drive back. I wanna go home." I say firmly not looking at him.

He complies even though the look on his face is very irritated by me. I dont care. I wait impatiently for the signal. I wait but there's no text from Abbie.

I just exhaled deep. I dont think I want to explain to her thru the phone. I dont know if I shoud tell her that this is Kyle's fault. Coz everytime I say something about Kyle, she doesnt listen and Especially, I dont want them fighting again that was too heart breaking to let it happen again.

It was 8:15pm when we got infront of the cafe. I dont wait for Kyle to say anything. I just got out and slammed the door harder than usual.

No sign of Abbie. But why would I expect she'd stay? I'm 3hours late! Her not texting me or calling me is frightening. Does this mean she's gone, like, we are done? No more us? Like she said earlier. Maybe this means its the start! Oh my God. The thoughts crawl in my brain and started gnawing on my chest. I want to cry. I need to see Abbie and explain everything!

Before I could reach the front door. I feel Kyle holding my shoulders and he twists me to face him.

Before I could even blink, he pressed his lips agains mine. I pushed him and looked at him shocked. What the hell was he thinking?!?!??! He's making my anger worst. I want to slap him but I cant. I feel so exhausted and lost. So i just ignored him like it didnt happen and opened the door and closed it.

I ran to my room and just let myself fall on the bed. I started crying hard. I shove my face on the pillow sobbing. I dont know what to do. Im angry, frustrated and helpless.

I tried calling abbie but she doesnt answer. I tried texting her but she doesnt reply.

I pick up my phone and I decided to go to her house. I really need to explain everything. I wish she would listen and understand.

So I gather a bit of my stuff and headed out. I was dumbfounded to see Abbie infront of our house just a few feet away at the pavement, just sitting beside the lamp post. What was she doing here? How long has she been here? Did she wait for me until 8?