So far yet so close

HOCKEY AU IS BACKKK I know you guys love 'em. This is based off of something that I'll tell you about at the end!

Enjoy!

________________________________
Schlatt's pov (this whole story is in his pov)

My team and I set off from our hotel, first tournament of the season! I'm excited and I'm so ready to see all these new teams! We walked into the arena and set our stuff down in the dressing room and began warmup. High knees,lunges,sweeps,shuffles and a bunch more tedious stuff..

I was finished getting dressed besides my helmet and gloves so I stepped out with the only girl on my teammate Samantha. We chatted until I saw the other team's goalie and two of his teammates walk out and my eyes blew wide. Holy shit he's tall.. he was about 6'5 and was wearing gold frame glasses with brown fluffy fluffy hair. I choked on my words as I admired how he smiled and laughed..

Sam noticed and teased me as I blushed and had a stupid smile growing on my face and next thing I knew the other goalie walked up to us. "Hey there, you're the voltage goalie huh?" I blushed redder and nodded quickly. "Awesome! Hope we have a great game" he grinned and patted me on the back of my neck to which I only heated up more, I laughed nervously and agreed with him as he walked off. "Smooth" Samantha smirked "shut the fuck up.." I groaned as I covered my ever growing flushed face with my hands.

The game had begun a bit ago and we were tied 2-2 now, the period came to an end as I picked up my water-bottle off the back of the net, I sighed a rethought over every little moment of that past period; thinking of what i could've down different to prevent the two goals that slipped by. I was in thought until I bumped into something that didn't feel like the bench, I swallowed the lump in my throat as I looked up a bit to see none other then the British goalie from the other team. "Better watch you're going" he giggled looking down at me a bit, I laughed awkwardly and apologized to which he said it was all good.. we stood there for a minute staring at each-other before I blankly asked "can I have your snap?" After the words escaped my mouth for good I blushed hard and looked down for him to not see my red face.

He was taken back with wide eyes for a second as he stuttered out his response "o-oh! Uh yeah..yeah sure! I'll give it to you after the game" he smiled at me with confused furrowed brows, I nodded and quickly skated to my bench talking to my goalie coach about the past goals I let in.

The game ended at 7-6 them scoring on a breakaway on me in the last 10 seconds.. I was pissed off but I tried to not show my team that. We all got undressed and I was sat on my bag next to my pads and sticks waiting to see the Britt once again. I played on my phone until I saw black beat up converse come into view and looked up to see him smiling at me. "Hey, good game" I smiled as I handed him my phone with Snapchat search open, "yeah you too, you're one of the best goalies I've played" he smirked as he handed back my phone. I blushed and smiled at him as I wished him luck in the next couple of games for this tournament and he didn't the same to me. I looked at my phone to see a new added friend "Wilbur🥅🎸" I smiled harder like an idiot and grabbed my stuff heading to the car where my dad was waiting for me.

It's been a couple months since then now, I have improved and I've also been informed by Wilbur that his association is 8 hours away! It means I'll only see him at a couple tournaments and provincials and stuff which kinda sucks but whatever. We talk more now and he's really so handsome and so charming! 
I've fallen hard for him, I tell my friends about him and my teammates and I fawn over any little bit of attention he gives me and I'm just so grateful I even met him in the first place.

He was so close.. yet in reality he is so far.
______________________________
780 words (I know this is short forgive me)

Yeah this is based off a tournament I had back in September, the other goalie was from a travel association quite far from me and me and her still talk and she's the prettiest most talented girl I've ever met I swear.

Goodbye my lovely little socks! Till' next time!💙