episode 13 - The Zoo

The Roaming Eye enters the ship hangar of the zoo via its ring. We Crystal Gems gasp as they notice the two Amethyst guards standing at the entrance door.

"Those Gems."

"Amethyst guards. Right, like we could just waltz up as an ownerless Pearl, the most wanted gem, a fusion and- and you."

"We just need disguises. I'll be Esteban Universidad."

"Oh, is that hispanic?" I ask.

"Steven, it doesn't matter what your name is. We're all going to stand out!"

At that moment, Garnet unfuses into Ruby and Sapphire.

"We won't stand out if we play the roles we were made for."

"Ruby! Sapphire!"

"Okay, everybody. Hear her out."

"Today, I'm a Sapphire traveling with my Ruby guard and my personal Pearl. Esteban, I've brought you as an offering for the zoo."

"Pobrecito Esteban!"

"Uhh... What about me?" Amethyst asks.

"You're accompanying me as extra muscle with Topaz."

"Uhh, what!?" I sit up from the floor I was chilling on. "I'm getting off the ship!"

"Yeah." Sapphire smiles.

"But I'm known everywhere!"

"That was thousands of years ago. They switched the guards and management since then."

"Uh... if you say so."

"Just stick together! Play it straight! Let's... change the future!" She forces a smile.

'That's reassuring.'

Sapphire, Ruby, holding Steven, Pearl and Amethyst, shapeshifted to look like a regular Amethyst guard, begin walking out of the Roaming Eye towards the guarded door.

While swole Amethyst was on the left of the group, I was on the right and tried to look like my old scary self.

"You'll never cage me, you rockheads!"

We encounter the Amethyst guards, who look at us suspiciously.

"State your purpose."

"I'm here to make a delivery to the human zoo." Sapphire says.

"Bad news: The human zoo shut down." She inches towards Steven. "Which means we'll just have to throw you in space."

Steven whimpers in fear.

"Heh, look. He believed me."

The Amethyst guards start chuckling when an elite Gem enters and glares at them.

"What are you doing?"

'What? No. That voice! Please don't be!'

"Nothing, Holly Blue Agate." Stays in attention.

Holly Blue then notices Sapphire, gasps in shock, and kicks one of the Amethyst guards in her legs.

"Why didn't you tell me there was a Sapphire here?! What have you miscreants been saying to them!?"

"Nothing, Holly.
Holly Blue"

she turns to Sapphire.

"You'll have to forgive them." She chuckles. "They're from Earth. Ahem! Apologize."

"Forgive us!"

Holly Blue punches the guards to correct them.

"... Forgive us, Your Clarity!"