episode 36

While Pearl and Amethyst were actually complimenting eachother on the previous battle me and Garnet share a smile and we link our pinkies.

"This place is beautiful." I say.

"Yeah I wonder what it used to look like before the gems showed up."

"Probably just as beautiful."

"Yeah."

Then Steven shows up all red and snotty from the pollen.

"Sorry I couldn't help much, I think the flowers are making me- Ah... Aaah...Cheew!" He sneezes and leaves mucus on Garnets leg. "Sorry, Garnet."

"I'll live."

While Pearl says something scientific I just drown them out and warp with the rest of them. I only break my unfazed state when Steven randomly sneezes and almost leaves the warp stream.

I reach up and grab him.

"Steven are you ok?" I ask.

"There's not much air, and it's very cold." Garnet flicks the frozen snot off Steven's nose.

"You guys, I saw something out there!"

"What?"

"Something warping!"

"Steven, that's not possible. Is your vision blurry from the pollen?"

"I can see perfectly..." he squints his eyes. "Pearl? I know there's something out there!"

Then Garnet speaks up.

"There's nothing out there, Steven. There hasn't been anything else for a long, long time."

Now back at the house I wonder to my room and just fall on a cloud.

'So comfy.'

--------------------------------------------

I was woken by Garnet.

"What?" I ask. "I told you to only wake me up for something important."

"This is important. It's for Steven."

I get up slowly and walk behind Garnet.

I see Pearl trying to bake cookies. Well Pearl was struggling so I helped her.

Once we're done I let them cool and then hand the metal plate to Garnet.

Pearl gets to the sleeping Steven at the door who has a water gun.

"Steven~." She says poking Steven on his forehead. "We've got a surprise for you~."

He jolts awake and screams while spraying water in Pearls face.

I can't help but hide my face as I giggle.

"Oh, Pearl."

"Now you're not getting any cookies." Garnet reveals the tray of sweets.

"Cookies?! I'll take 'em!"

Garnet whistles Amethyst over, and she grabs the tray of cookies and gobbles them all up. I snatch two.

'One for me and one for Steven.'

"Slow down, Amethyst."

"I'm sorry, Pearl. I just, I guess I didn't..." Steven trails off.

"Didn't sleep." Garnet finishes.

Steven yawns with visible eye bags.

"Maybe."

Pearl wipes her eyes of the water.

"Oh, Steven! This isn't about the thing you think you saw outside the warp stream yesterday, is it?"