episode 11

When I and the other gems teleported back home, we saw Steven and Connie sitting on the couch looking over an old book.

"It's the Gems! They've gotta know about this thing!"

Steven grabs the journal and runs toward us to greet us, and Connie follows.

"Wheee!"

"Wo-hooo!"

"Yo." Amethyst says.

"Hey, do you know anything about this thing?"

Steven shows us a journal entry featuring the Palanquin. Amethyst leans in for a closer look.

"Hmm... Steven, you deserve to know the truth. And the truth is... I have no idea what that thing is, I've never seen it before in my life."

Pearl moves Amethysts head out of the way and says.

"Excuse me, Amethyst, allow me." She looks at the journal entry. "Uhh... well... It appears to be an illustration in some kind of journal."

"C'mon, you know what I mean. I had a dream where I saw this thing. Connie and I were wondering if maybe-."

"S-Steven, why don't you and Connie-."

"It's a-." I start then.

"You can't go there!" Garnet cuts me off.

'Oh... ok.'

Everyone looks at Garnet in shock.

"Why not?"

Amethyst scoots next to Steven.

"Yeah, why not?"

Garnet is hesitant to say anything, and Steven sighs in disappointment as he closes the journal.

"I thought you were going to tell me everything from now on."

"Oh, Steven... We..."

"Does this have anything to do with Pink Diamond? I already know Mom shattered her, so what is it about this that you can't tell me?"

Pearl covers her mouth in sorrow and glances over to Garnet.

"Please, you're making Pearl very upset."

"NO! I'm very upset!"

Connie and Amethyst exchange worried glances as they back away from the heated conversation. I, however, feel obligated to stand with Garnet and Pearl since I know what it is.

"We're. Not. Going. Rose never wanted you to see this place."

"Rose wanted-. Urgh!- WHAT ABOUT WHAT I WANT? I'm sick of everyone lying to me! Rose is my mom, out of anyone, DON'T I DESERVE TO KNOW THE TRUTH?!"

"This isn't the time."

"I. DON'T. CARE! I wanna go there NOW!!"

"Steven!"

"I'm sorry... I- I shouldn't have brought the book."

"Yes, you should've brought it. It's lucky something has some information that I don't have to GET OUT OF THEM!!!!"

Steven points at Garnet, Pearl, and me in frustration.

'Am I really at fault here? I was gonna tell Steven but was cut off by Garnet. With the Gems' fragile feelings and Steven's raging emotions, I can't tell which one I should tend to the most.'

"Connie, I need to borrow this book."

"Okay, just be careful. I gotta return it to the library in a week."

"Thanks." He walks off.

"Wait, Steven, where are you-."

I stop Connie and let Garnet go after Steven.

"Why are you so ready to tell Steven everything?" Pearl marches up to me.

"He deserves to know. It's just like he said. He's Rose's son. He is everything Rose wanted to be. He should've known a long time ago, and now that he's emotional about them, it's gonna be even harder for you guys to tell him. And I know for a fact that if I tell him, you guys will get mad about it."

Pearl opens her mouth, but it closes, and she goes back to looking sad.

"I hate it when you right." She looks down.

"Me too." I pull her into a hug, and she wraps her arms around me quickly after realizing my action.

I wipe the small tears picking at her eyes, but Garnet comes back in and says.

"Topaz, let's go."

"Where?"

"Not important, let's just go."

"Ok then." I squeeze Pearl one more time, then I follow Garnet.

We were following Steven and his dad Greg. Somehow, we ended up in Korea, and now they're jumping over a fence.

Garnet and I sneak around to some bushes and see what Steven and Greg see.

Blue Diamond.

She's kneeled down to the vegetation of earth that grew near Pink Diamonds Palanquin, and she says something, but I was too far away to hear.

Garnet grabs my hand, and her palms are sweaty. Her face is nervous. I understand why.

Blue Pearl starts looking over the bushes that Steven and Greg were hiding behind.

'As long as they don't do anything stupid, we should-'

Greg stands up.

'WHAT IS HE DOING.'

He is taken to the Diamond, and after now unheard conversation, he is picked up.

I was about to jump after him, but Garnet kept me down by the hand she was holding. I tried to break free, but she used her other hand to secure me further.

When I looked back, the Palanquin had already taken off, and Steven was falling from it.

I jump up and catch him.

"Topaz! Dad, he... he."

"I know, Steven, I know."

I land and set him down. I look up and think.

'How are we ever gonna get him back?'