episode 25

We are gathered around the drill we recently completed.

"How much longer 'till we can use the drill?" Amethyst said.

"Well, with the new coordinates we got from the moon base, it should be ready to go. But we really should perform a few tests first." Pearl replied.

Steven runs off into the barn and at first I wanted to follow him but I thought.

'He probably is just doing some Steven shenanigans.'

I am tapped by Pearl.

"Could you hold the drill up while I inspect the turning axis?"

"Sure." I smile and pick the whole drill up and let Pearl look at it. "Is it good?"

"Yeah just give me one more second to check this."

I look around and catch Amethyst checking out my arms. She blushes and quickly looks away.

I laugh and finally get to put the drill down for Pearl to tell me.

"I think we should be fine even if we don't run tests."

"Good."

Steven is running to us with something but when he shows a communicator we all gasp.

"She took a direct line to the Diamonds!" Pearl takes the communicator. "From the moon base? What was she thinking?"

"Man, after everything we've gone through, she's still out to get us! Ohh, I'm takin' back all my cool nicknames for her! So long, Peri and P-dot, hello... Ahhh, I'm too mad! I'll think of something later."

I giggle.

Car horn honking is then heard from inside the barn.

"I see she knows what a horn is now." He covers his hood over his ears with some of his hair poofing out.

"You offered her a lot of your trust." Garnet says.

"I did! And it blew up in my face. You guys have been protecting Earth for thousands of years. She could've destroyed all of that. A whole Earth, why did I think I could change her mind?:

"Ugh, I know right? But I guess you can't like go into peoples' heads and change how they think. Maybe we can? Yeaaah, if we just shrink down really little-"

"No no no, I don't want to tell her what to do. She should just know. Shouldn't she?"

"It's 'cause you believe in everyone Steven. Like your mother, you seem to have a little more patience than the rest of us. But the truth is, not everyone deserves that patience." I say.

"Look on the bright side. At least you got this thing away from her before she did any real damage." Pearl interjects.

"... Yeah." Steven says.

Suddenly, one side of the barn explodes.

"Ah!"

"OHHH NOOOOO!!!!"

We see Peridot bursting out of the barn in her robot she made from the other day.

Peridotlaughs maniacally.

"Free!! FREEEEE!!! AHAHAHA!"

"How did she escape?!"

Peridot throws the truck door in front of us Crystal Gems.

"Fools! Your invisible rotary shield was no match for me... once I applied logic!"

Steven groans in frustration as we charge towards Peridot.

"Now I'm going to do this right!" She throws the truck at us.

"Are you serious!?" I say and dodge away.