episode 23

"Jasper!"

"what is she doing?"

"She's been collecting monsters."

"Pipe down!" Jasper kicks a growling Snow Monster in its cage, and the short trip gasp in shock while I fully expected it.

"You take orders from me now! You used to be a Quartz too, didn't you? What happened to you?"

The Snow Monster growls and slams against the metal bars in fury.

"Tch. Disgraceful. I can't believe I've resorted to recruiting you freaks! You're almost as bad as that Crystal runt. Just look at you. This planet ruins everything! Well, haha, except for me."

I watch as Amethyst jumps to a ledge almost falling but stays on and shifts her way to Jasper.

"We should go back to the Temple and grab reinforcements."

"Yeah, that's a good idea. Amethyst?"

"She's up there." I point.

"Amethyst!" Steven and Peridot politely scream in horror at that sight.

Jasper continues to taunt the Snow Monster.

"I'll never let this planet twist me like it twisted you. Your weakness embarrasses Homeworld. You suffer because it's what you deserve! We all only get what we deserve. Right, Amethyst?!"

Amethyst gasps, as she has been discovered, and falls off the ledge, landing behind Jasper.

"Agh!"

"What do you want, runt? You here for a rematch?"

"I'm here to win!"

'You go girl!'

"You were fated to lose, the moment you came out wrong!"

Stevenruns to Amethyst's side.

"That's not true!"

"Rose. Of course. Your lackeys never stray far. And why would they? They have no place in this, or any world!"

"What do you mean?!"

"Every Gem is made for a purpose: to serve the order of the Diamonds. Those who cannot fit inside this order must be purged! To come out misshapen, to reshape yourself outside your purpose, and to defend this ruined worthless planet, is a disgrace!"

Peridot timidly says.

"This planet isn't all bad!" Then gasps and hides behind a rock.

"What are you doing here?"

"I... I'M A CRYSTAL GEM NOW!!"

Jasper instantly summons her crash helmet, and Steven summons his shield.

"I'm not afraid of you! I've got metal powers! I'll show you!"

Peridot begins to manipulate a metal rod stuck in the ground. Jasper, Amethyst and Steven watch as Peridot struggles to lift the metal rod while I watch in excitement to see it move still hidden from Jasper.

"Aw, jeez."

"In a moment!"

"Anyone else got somethin' to say?"

"Yes!" I say and step out to look at Jaspers... beautiful orange eyes.

She looks back suprised to see me but also. Happy? I think.

"UGHH!! YOU GUUUYS!!!!" She lifts up Steven. "STAY OUT OF THIS!" She throws Steven away.

"Amethyst!"

"It's just you and me, Jasper. One on one!"