episode 51 "The Return"

Today is possible the day. The day homeworld makes contact with Earth once again.

I am standing on our wooden porch concentrating on looking far into Earth's atmosphere. It took a few minutes but I see it. It's a big ship in the shape of a green hand.

I gasp and step back.

'Their actually here.'

Garnet comes out and wonders what's wrong.

"Their here."

And on que a shattering sound is heard along with a rumble.

The other Gems are readying the light cannons while I estimate their arrival.

"20 minutes!"

That's when Steven activates the cannons. They shoot and spiral eachother but ultimately do nothing.

"No effect!"

At this point the sky is slightly green and I can hear the evacuation in beach city.

"10 minutes!"

I look away and see Steven. We make eye contact but he quickly enters the van and rides off.

I walk down to the beach and join the others. We watch him leave and Pearl starts crying into my chest. I look at Garnet who was looking to the ground and Amethyst hugs my leg.

"Well... I think if today is it... then I think I might have lived that happiest life with ya'll."

They look at me and we share a group hug before letting go and readying ourselves for the potential slaughter or battle.

"5 minutes!" I say.

Amethyst and Pearl fuse to make Opal and ready their bow.

"Fire!"

With a barrage of mighty arrows that don't scratch the ship. I stand next to Opal and she looks down on me. A rare sight for most Gems.

She blushes and leans down and kisses my forehead.

"Sorry but this might be the last I see you."

"Oh... thanks Opal." I smile.

At this point theirs no need for me to estimate or approximate as the ship is right on us and is turning the surrounding light green and bright yellow.

"At least Steven is safe." Garnet says as we all stare at the ship.

"Hey guys!"

"Steven!"

Opal unfused and Amethyst is first to speak.

"You came back!"

"What are you doing!? Get our of here!"

"But-"

"It's too late just stay behind us!" I say and I take a lead infront.

We Crystal Gems stance ourselves as the warship lands on the beach, creating dust clouds blocking our vision.

Then when we can see we see a bubble appears from the palm of the warship. It rolls onto a finger and opens up, revealing Peridot, Lapis and...

'JASPER!'

I'm in utter disbelief. This gem who I've know for thousands of years is standing right infront of me. A Gem I used to be comrades with and used to care about. A Gem I thought was shatterd. But I am sorely mistaken.

"That's them, all right. They're the ones who keep breaking my machines." Peridot says.

"This is it?"