episode 45

Steven is walking through the Gem battlefield, covered in strawberry bushes, with us and Lion.

"This place is even bigger and more weapon-y than I remember."

"This was a site of a historic battle. Every weapon here was left by a Gem over 5,000 years ago. I don't like to disturb it, but Garnet said we can't just leave these lying around."

Garnet picks up a giant battle-axe and hoists it over her shoulder.

"Never know when you might need one of these."

"I need one of those all the time!" Steven chimes.

"Why don't you look for one that's more... you?"

"Okay! Lion, come help me look."

And then Lion starts following a butterfly. I giggle a bit and help Amethyst with collecting weapons for her room.

Once we get back to the house I enter my room before Amethyst and Garnet try to fit that huge axe in the temple door.

I was messing around with some training and if my outfit should be different but when the whole house shakes I run out just to see Pearl warp away and Steven and Lion teleport away.

"Uh what was that?" I ask.

"Pearl is in a bad mood over Rose again." Garnet days as she just got done putting the painting of rose back up.

"Again? Why, because we found that scabbard?"

"No. While you were in your room Steven found Rose's sword in Lion's mane."

"Why was it in there?"

"Don't know. But Pearl is having issues with this information. Or the information she didn't know."

"Oh... ok I see."

We stand there not really saying much or moving much but then I get an idea.

"Wanna go fight?" I ask both of them and Amethyst is the first to answer.

"Uh yeah let's go! But be ready to get smashed!"

We get outside while Garnet stands and watches from the wooden porch.

We summon our weapons and begin.

Amethyst staying at range with her whip and the occasion rock throw I can only dodge and cut the rocks away.

But I get a split second to throw my own attack of light. A horizontal slash.

Once Amethyst jumps over it she transforms into her purple puma form and tries to slam me.

I unsummon my weapon and we clash hand in hand.

I over power her and throw her over me and up. I then jump and knee her even higher and while I'm still close to her I grab her leg and spin. I let go and throw her to the ground.

Once I land over her she is beaten up badly but nothing a bit of love can't fix.

"That was good Blue. Really good."

"Thanks and you were quick to dodge and transform. I'm sure whatever Gem shows up won't be able to handle you."

"You really mean it!" She beams.

"Of course."