episode 8

I was banned from this mission because of my little "incident" with Mr. Smiley for banning Steven forever.

But I think that's just an excuse for me not to go, but I'm usually always on these group missions so it makes me wonder why.

It was so boring all I did was do chores! I double checked all the temple rooms and made the house spotless and organized just like Pearl loves it.

Now I'm just sitting here waiting. But thank the stars it was only a few minutes after I was done and when they got back they all smelled faintly of strawberrys, well Steven had a strong smell and he was covered in them so.

I said all the things about what I did and stuff to the gang and wanted for Steven to get done showering cause I knew he would be the only one to tell me anything.

"So Steven. Where'd yall go?" I say.

"Oh some Gem battle field that was taken over my strawberrys and we had to enter huge trian-." His voice started to fade as I heard Gem battle field.

I know exactly which one he was talking about. That same one where I first was on earth and the last one I was saved on.

I shatterd countless rebellious gems and then I fought along side their friends. Probably the definition of two-faced.

I come back to reality from all the war memories just for Steven to walk off and sleep but I strut up to the temple door and bang on it for Garnet to open their door.

"Garnet! I need to speak with you! Now!" The other two definitely heard me.

The door opens to Garnet.

"Yes?"

"Tell me the truth. Why wasn't I able to go on this mission?"

She pauses.

"What you did at funla-."

"No! It's not! Stop lying to me today!"

I take a deep breath.

"Just tell me why." I say.

"We went to the Gem battlefield and I knew what you did for us and when you were against us on that land so I didn't want to have to put you through the bad memory of those time."

"Did you think I would. Turn on you? Like I did back then! Or maybe I was a threat to Steven? Yeah is that it!"

"Topaz. Your letting the bad side take over again. Remember who you are."

"I am Blue Topaz! A general for the-!" I blink a few times. "...I'm a member of the crystal Gems." My voice is much more calmer and I'm lucky Garnet was here to stop my old side from taking over.

"I-I'm sorry. Garnet. I don't know what got into me. Again." I say.

"It's ok I just hope you are able to see why now. I don't want to have to fight one of my dearest friends."

I look up at her surprised and staring at her eyes through her glasses.

I envelop her in a hug and she hugged back.

"Thank you Garnet."

"I'm always here for you."