023

••••

I waved goodbye to the other females as Tora carried me back home since it was starting to get dark.

The whole afternoon, I talked about the preserved meat, basket, and even the meat marinated and cooked with herbs to the other females.

They seemed to enjoy it, especially the cooked meat, they were very eager to let their male learn how to cook the meat with herbs.

'Hehe, looks like I made a great impact today. Although I am still a bit worried about the plot that might alter' I thought before shrugging it off.

'Who cares if the plot altered a bit? I have strong and reliable males with me' I grinned and leaned in further at Tora's chest.

"What are you grinning about?" Lucas chuckled as he saw me grinning. "I'm just happy to have shared my knowledge about preserving meat. I'm sure I can save at least a few dozen lives because of that" I explained with a smile.

"Our female is so kind and sweet" Kei said, earning a pat in the head from me since he was walking besides Tora.

"Beautiful and cute too" Rio chimed in, earning several nods from my males. "You really need more protection because of this, your just to precious" Archie said.

"Mhm! Your right. She needs more protection, especially with the cubs coming" Tora said as he gave a quick peck on my head before putting me down since we finally reached our den.

"There are countless males who are desperate to woo and court you but we chase them away since they're only one star or no star at all" Rio said making me nod.

"But were there any two or three stars among them?" I asked making them nod. "Yes there are a several two stars fox, peacocks, tigers and wolf who are willing to court you. There's also a few three star beast" Kali chimed in.

"Hmm, maybe I can try and see them tomorrow I guess. I will assess them first and let you know who I like so you can see if you get along with that male" I said making them smile.

"Your really too kind to us, most female would just accept a male they like without even asking her other mates. This also often leads to males fighting with each other" Lucas said and he ruffled my hair as Tora and Kei left to prepare some food.

"Tomorrow, two or three of you will take turns to hunt meat so there will be more meat that can be preserve" I told them as we sat down on the pillows I asked Tora to sew last time.

"Maybe I should also start drying up some fruits and herbs" I muttered. "There are still some fruit bearing trees. And also specific fruit trees that only bear fruits during cold season" Lucas said making me raise a brow.

"Do they taste good?" I tilted my head, I was quite curious about this fruit since it was never mentioned in the novel.

"Mhm, they're quite popular with females, mother would always send at least three or four males to get some for her" Lucas said, earning some nods from the others.

"Mother would also do that, her mates would then compete with each other to see who can give her the most fruits" Archie chimed in.

"Ooh, well that fruit sure sounds interesting. Now it makes me really wonder how they taste like" I muttered and tried to imagine what it looked like and how it would taste like.

And as if reading my mind, Archie began to explain what it looks like. "It's a round and purple fruit with a few mixture of red and black shade around the top. It's also the size of a cantaloupe.

It also has this weird yet interesting lines drawn on it. And it's called a valley fruit as it only grows in valleys" He said making me smile.

This dude really knows how to explain things to me when I need it. "Luckily there's a valley not far from here" Rio uttered making me smile.