007

"Sera! How did you make that meat yesterday so delicious!" Bailey said as she went up to me while I was basking in the early morning sun.

"Oh hi Bailey!" I gave her a small wave which she returned. "And I added herbs on it" I answered her question making her raise a brow curiously.

"Herbs?" She tilted her head in confusion. "Yes herbs. They're not only medicine but they can add flavors on the meat you eat depending on what herb you put" I explained while she silently listened.

"Is that so?" She asked making me nod. "Can you teach one of my males? I want to eat that kind of meat everytime. It was so delicious" she said making me nod.

"Sure, I can ask Tora to teach two of your mates later. Maybe if I can find some berries I might also teach them how to make juice! It's really refreshing when it's hot outside" I said making her nod with a smile.

"Yes" she eagerly said before she eyed Tora then turned her attention back to me, or rather at my body. She then let out a small gasp.

"Is his mark on you chest?" She asked making me hum. Some of Bailey's mate looked at Tora with jealousy and envy.

"It is" I smiled as I touched my chest where Tora's mark was. Both of us then talked about random things until she bought up the caravan Tora was taking about last time.

"It's coming much earlier?" I asked as I tilt my head a bit. "Yes, that's what I heard from father" she said making me nod.

"So it's tomorrow?" I asked which earned a nod. "Wanna come together tomorrow? Maybe you can find some new males there" she said making me hum.

"Right, sure" I said before me and Bailey turned around as we heard howls and roars coming from the front of the village.

Upon hearing this, Tora and Kei along with Bailey's mate shifted in their beast form and stood around us protectively.

"Um Bailey?" I turned to the female wolf besides me, asking for some kind of clue on what's happening right now. "Rootless beast, they're trying to enter the village but most males are already there stopping them" Bailey said as the roars and howls continue.

Soon enough it died down but Tora and the others were still in their beast form. But they shifted back after a few minutes.

"Does it always happen? The attacks?" I asked Bailey. "Not really, but it's not uncommon either. Every once in a while a small group of rootless beast would try to attack the village" she explained making me nod.

"But none seemed to succeed in entering the village so far" Bailey added. "I really do need more males" I muttered to myself but she still heard it.

"Don't worry, like I said. The caravan will be here tomorrow, which means different males from different villages will come here and try to find a mate" She said making me hum.

"Yeah, your right" I said and glanced over to Tora and Kei. I turned back to Bailey and the too of us began talking about random things while we waited for the meat to be cook.

••••

"I'll see you later Sera" Bailey waved me goodbye as she and her mates left. "You seem happy talking with her" Kei said making me hum.

"Well, she is fun to talk to" I turned to them with a small smile. "Oh right, what's that fruit that you bought me earlier? You know the blue one with yellow shade" I tried explaining the fruit earlier.

"You mean a sha fruit?" Kei asked making me nod. "Yeah, that fruit! Where did you get it?" I asked. "They're very common here, why? Do you like them? I can get some for you now if you want" Kei said making me shake my head.

"I do like them, but you can go and get me some later" I said making him nod. "What other fruits do you like to eat?" Tora asked.

"Hm well I like to each peaches, apples, bananas, cantaloupe, watermelons, grapes, strawberries, oranges, cherries and pears" I said to them and they listened quietly.

"Other than fruits I also like to eat potatoes, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, cabbage, lettuce" I tried thinking of other vegetables I like to eat. "And some corn too" I added and they nodded.

"How about meat? What kind of meat do you like to eat?" Kei asked, wanting to know more on what I like to eat.

"Hm, I like to eat rabbit meat, deer or antelope meat, chicken, lamb " I tried thinking of the other thing that not only I like to eat but also the original Sera.

"Pork too, I also like to eat fish and shellfish. And honey too! I like to eat honey" I said and they nodded again.

"If those are the things to like to eat, then we'll hunt them for you. And we'll look out for some honey for you" Tora said making me hum.

'I wonder what I'll do next? There's nothing to do here' I thought and began thinking of things I can do to pass my time. 'Should I try weaving baskets? I mean I can use them to store things and to carry my future cubs' I thought before nodding to myself.

'Oh! I can also try sewing' I grinned and turned to Tora. "Tora, can you teach me to sew?" I asked making him look at me. "But you could prick your finger, and the hide is to thick for you to easily sew it" he said making me frown a bit.

"Alright, then one of you teach me how to weave a basket" I said making then look at me in slight confusion. "What's a basket?" They asked making me blink.

'Oh right! They don't know what a basket is until Cassie introduced it' I mentally slapped myself and sigh as I tried my best to explain what a basket is.

"Hmm, well it's something you can use to carry things like fruits or other small things. You can also use it to carry cubs who are in their first few weeks" I explained making them nod.

"You can use them to carry cubs?" Kei asked making me nod. "Yes, and they're easy to make as long as you have some bamboos" I said making Tora look at me.

"We have some bamboos outside the village. I can get you some if you want" he said making me nod eagerly.

"Yes please!" I smiled and he was about to leave Cassie showed up.

"We need to talk" was the only thing she said as she crossed her arms.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Soo I've decided to just explain the things about the mark, their location and the meaning in them.

"Chest to below the ribs" - if a males mark ends up here, it means the female loves them the most and will likely show them more love or favor

"Shoulders to arms" - if a males mark ends up here, it means the female trust them to take care of their cubs and other works.

"Wrist to palms" - if a males mark ends up, means the female doesn't like them that much or only mated with them for power, position or crystals.

"Back" - if a males mark ends up here, it shows that the female trust them to protect them and their cubs.

"Hips to knee" - if a males marks ends up here, it means that the female trust them just them enough with the lives of their cubs. Will most likely consist of  one to three star beast.

"Below the knee to toes" - just like on the wrist to palm, if a males mark ends up here mean that the female doesn't like then and/or only mated with them for power, position (village chiefs mate, queen, princess, etc), and crystals.

That's all!!