009

Once I was done bathing, Kei went over and took me back. When we got back, the meat was finally cooked.

"Hm, we should wait for a few days before we can really know if the meat really is okay. If not, we can try again" I said and observed the smoked meat.

"Put it aside for now and don't touch it. We need to know if the smoking worked" I stated making Tora nod. He then handed me some other meat that he cooked.

"I'll teach you tomorrow the other herbs we can use" I said making him nod as I took the leaf from his hand. I then began eating while Tora began to set aside the smoked meat.

'I really hope the smoking worked. Food is really sacred in the cold season and countless beast men die' I thought before my mind went back to the events of the novel.

'Because of introducing smoked meat to the village, Cassie became popular. Countless males wanted to court her because she was a smart female. She also took good care of her mates' I shaked my head and smiled.

'But don't worry, I'll be sure to act much differently that the original Sera. I'll be sure to treat my males well' I thought before I quickly finished eating the meat.

"After were done with the caravan tomorrow, let's go gather some bamboo and more herbs. And maybe some aloe vera and lavenders too" I said making them both nod.

'I wonder how Sera and Cassie adjusted to this world so quickly in the novel? I mean both of them were from the 21st century.

I'm sure they missed a lot of things there that weren't found here. Like phones, books, internet, televisions' I thought as I tried to understand on just how fast they adjusted and adapted life here.

"Sera? What's bothering you? Is it because of that half beast again? I can feel through the mark that your troubled" Tora asked making Kei looked at me worriedly.

I just offered them a small smile and shaked my head. "Don't worry, it's nothing. I'm just a bit worried about tomorrow" I sighed.

"What if the male I pick would reject me" I muttered as I tried to avoid telling them what was I really thinking about.

"Nonsense! The males that rejected you must be blind. How can they reject a beautiful and caring female" Tora said and Kei just nodded in agreement with him.

"But some might think I'm spoiled because most whole females are" I argued and Kei countered it.

"All females are spoiled. Some are just more spoiled than others" Kei said making me sigh with a smile.

"Alright, alright. I won't worry about it anymore" I said making them nod. "Do some healers travel with the caravan?" I asked making them nod.

"Oh good. I might as well take a healer as a mate" I muttered before I looked up. The sky was now slowly turning dark as the faint oranges and red start to fade.

"Well come on now, it's starting to get late" I turned to both of them. The two of them stood up and we went inside.

I layed in bed while both males shifted to their beastform. 'Great, now I can cuddle a tiger and a wolf in my sleep' I smiled as they layed besides me.

Tora was on my left side while Kei was on the other side. 'I probably should ask Tora to sew a blanket tomorrow' I thought and closed my eyes.

•••••••

I woke up due to loud roars and howls and other noises. "This is the second morning where my sleep get interrupted!" I frustratedly said as I sat up.

"Sera, the caravan is back. That's the indication that their back" Tora said making me huff.

"Kei already prepared some meat. After your done eating we can go to the village center" Tora said making me nod.

We both then went outside to find Kei cutting up the meats, there was also another leaf at his side that was filled with different fruits.

"Good morning" I greeted making him look at me with confusion. "Good morning?" He greeted back, although still slightly confused.

"It's a greeting we use to greet someone. My mother's always use that to greet her mates in the morning" I explained, although the mother part was a lie.

Well not totally a lie since my mom does greet my dad good morning every day. "Oh, alright" Kei nodded before he handed me the leaf with the meat.

I slowly ate as I tried to remember if Cassie took some new mates at this time. 'Right, this caravan might have the eagle brothers. Luka and Lucas' I thought and smiled.

"Should I take a flyer as a mate later? I mean they would be helpful wouldn't they?" I asked Tora and Kei.

"They would, they'll be great beast in watching or searching" Tora answered making me nod.

"Well then let's go" I said as I finished eating the meat. Tora carried me and walked towards the village center.

When we got there, almost all of the females in the village were there. I can also see different kinds of beast, both in their human form and beast form.

There were Tigers, Wolves, Foxes, Eagles, Peacocks, Panthers, Deers and a few scorpions and snakes.

"Sera! There you are!" Bailey waved at me once she saw me. "Bailey! Hi" I smiled at her as Tora and Kei walked towards her and her mates.

"Let's take a look around for now, some males who are with the caravan are merchants. They must have brought some furs and fruits from the other cities" Bailey said making me nod.

"Yeah let's go" I said before a new face from her males caught my attention. "You already got a new mate" I stated making her look at the male.

"Yes I did, how about you? Are you gonna look for new males?" I nodded as I looked around.

"Yes, although I'd like to look around for now" I said making her nod. We both then walked towards where the merchants had their stalls ready.

"Just tell me what you want. I'll buy it for you" Tora said making me nod. I continued to look around with Bailey until we reached a stall selling some combs.

"Can you buy me a comb?" I turned to Tora who nodded and passed me to Kei. He then went and bought me a comb.

"Thank you!" I slightly squealed and took the comb from his hand. I can see from the corner of my eyes that some beastmen turned to me a bit shocked and gazed at Tora with envy and jealousy.

"Sera! The males are going to fight now. Do you want to watch? It's a great way to find strong males" Bailey said making me nod.

"Coming" I said and Kei followed after her. 'Great, now all I have to do is try to find some characters that were mentioned in the book. Preferably Sera's original males or Cassie's' I thought as I eagerly awaited to watch the fight.

•••••

Hello there! I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far? If yes, please leave a comment and vote. I would really appreciate it, thank you!!

Also, starting next chapter. The chapters will slowly get longer since I've decided to length my wording to a 1,500 to 2,000 words. Well somewhere in between those numbers.

Well, I won't bother you for long, happy reading ᵕ̈