018

Just as I was enjoying talking to Rio's mother, I felt a sharp pain in my chest making me furrow my brows. Quickly looking down on my body, I was quite relieved to see none of the marks missing.

"Sera? What's wrong?" Rio looked at me worriedly. "I don't know, I just suddenly felt a sharp pain in my chest. None of my mating marks are missing so I don't know what's wrong" my lips quivered as tears began to pool at the corner of my eyes.

Then, there was another sharp pain that made me hiss. This time, it was more direct in my shoulder where Kei's mark was.

I quickly looked at his mark and felt relief wash over me to see that it was still there. "Your mate might be in trouble" Serenity said making me nod.

"I'm sorry to cut it conversation but I need to leave now" I stood up and practically ran outside. "Sera wait! It might be dangerous" he scooped me up and ran towards the center.

Soon, we saw a couple of foxes ganking up on Kei. "Stop them!" I yelled and that was all it took for Tora and the others to interfere.

The foxes were quickly sent flying in the trees as Tora and Archie stood besides Kei who looked like he was about to pass out any minute.

"Put me down, now!" I ordered to Rio who reluctantly did so. "Who's mate are they?! Answer me!" I yelled as I marched at the center with a scowl on my face.

"Well if no ones gonna answer, then I'll just see for myself" I turned to Tora and the foxes who were now trying their best to stand up. "Kill them" I said and Tora looked at me a bit shock, the foxes also looked at me with fear as their ears flattened and tails tucked in between their legs.

"If you won't shift and tell me who the fuck ordered you to mess with my mate. Then say goodbye to your life" I snapped before turning to Kei.

"Are you okay? Can you shift? Where does it hurt" I hurriedly kneeled down besides him and cupped his furry face in my hands.

His body was full of scratches and bites, that thankfully weren't that deep. But it still would take some time before they heal.

"What is happening here?!" A all to familiar voice and and I whipped my head to the same female earlier. "What happened to my mates?!" She screeched as she looked around.

"Just look what your males did to my mate! If you won't apologize then say goodbye to them because I will not stop my mate from killing them! How dare you try to mess with my mates!" I snarled as I glared at her.

She flinched a bit but tried to cover it up. "You wouldn't" she smirked making me scoff. "Tora" I called out, and Tora didn't think twice before jumping at one of the foxes and snapping his neck.

The female watched in shocked as one of the marks in her hips slowly fade away. "Apologize!" I said as I stood up, which cause Kei to finally fall down.

"Kei!" I yelled making Lucas pick him up gently and flew somewhere, probably to the healer.

"If my mate dies expect to be kicked out of this village without any mates protecting you" I snapped as Rio scooped me up again and walked out.

The other males quickly made way for us while Archie and Tora followed after us, still in their beastform.

Once we were away from the crowd, I couldn't help it anymore and let my tears fall down. "Shhh, it'll be okay. His mark is still there so don't worry about it" Rio rubbed my back as I buried my head in his neck.

"His right Sera, Kei is a strong male. I'm sure he'll heal quickly in no time" Tora shifted making me look at him. "But now I feel bad for killing someone who was only ordered to do so. I wasn't thinking straight!" I wailed out and buried my face in Rio's neck again.